Chapter 16: Surprised

I wake up and then turn to face Dean. He opens his eyes slowly allowing me to see his Christmas tree green eyes.

"Hi" I whisper to him with a small smirk.

"Hey" he says back smiling. We sleep together the same way we did the last time. Passionately.
That afternoon Dean drives me to a doctor to get a once over after what happened. "Not just physically checked out but emotionally checked out too" he put it. He waits in the car as I go inside. Almost an hour later I walk out like a deer in headlights trying to process everything. I walk slowly to the car and get in. He looks at me as I look straight ahead at the bushes we are parked in front of.

"Hayd, what's wrong?" He stares at me intently. I don't respond yet "Hayden! What happened?" He pushes while grabbing my hand and squeezing it. I turn my head slowly and look at those same green eyes from this morning, this time they were oozing with concern.

"I'm.. I'm pregnant" I muster out. His eyes widen and stare into mine.

"What?" He finally spits out.

"I'm pregnant" I say again still staring into his eyes.

"What? How?" He asks with widened eyes.

"I'm only about 4-5 weeks along. That night. When you came back from that hunt. When we didn't.." I say lowly trailing off. He rubs his hand across the scruff on his face. "What do we do?" I ask him. He starts the car and drives back to the bunker in silence.

We get into the house and no one is around. Dean pours himself a drink.

"Dean" I say firmly to him, not sure what he's thinking.

"What?" He chugs a gulp down.

"Can you just talk to me? What do you want me to do?" I ask looking to him for advice, for help, for comfort. He shrugs. I ask "do you want me to, yanno?" I ask shrugging back, looking down embarrassed for even thinking of doing such a thing.

"What! No! Of course not" he returns instantly shaking his head.

"Okay, that's something. There's more to talk about though" I tell him as he takes another swig.

"Do we have to talk right now?" He asks annoyed.

"Yes, Dean! We do! Right now!" I say annoyed in return. He goes to take a third gulp from the bottle but I take it from his hands. He looks at me with his mouth open. "Sober" I pound it down on the table splashing some around the lip of the bottle. "There's adoption" I mention taking a seat at the table, spitting out another idea.

"No" he says taking a seat across from me

"Then that leaves..." I trail off

"Yea, I know"

"Is that what you want?" I ask him.

"Well I don't want any of this." He says rubbing his hands together "but of all the options, that's the only one I would want, to have it" he finishes opening his hands up to me. "But it's not just up to me. What do you want?" He asks.

I look at him shocked for a minute he would even ask me but I answer his question "same thing you said."

"Well, I guess we should start preparing for a baby" he chuckles uncomfortably and stands up. He walks over to me and waits for me to stand up. I do and he leans over to hug me. He hugs me, kisses me on the cheek and then pulls away to look me in the eyes. He half smiles, takes the shot he poured and then turns and walks away leaving me alone. Although I ant to believe he was sincere with everything he seemed still disappointed about it and I find myself worrying about what's going to happen to us.