Chapter 27: Gone

Sam turns to me when his hand touches the door and pauses. "Don't come in right away. Just wait, I'll let you know when to come in." He looks at me to confirm and I nod my head. He opens the door and we go inside. I hear a whistling sound but can't see the body it's coming from. Sam puts his hand out to stop me where I am. He pulls out a shelf full of boxes and folders and walks inside a hidden room. I stay out of site, waiting for Sam to call me in.

"There is nothing you can do Sam. I'll get out of here, and you know I'll kill you myself" Dean's voice echoes. It's Dean but it's dark. Sam doesn't respond, instead I hear a metal cart drag across the floor.

"Why don't you let the brawd in?" Dean calls out. I don't take the bait.

"I don't know what your talking about Dean, no one else is here" Sam responds with the lie.

"You mean to tell me the needs to be loved, obsessive, bimbo bitch isn't standing out in the hall"
I storm into the room and walk straight towards Dean, preparing the hardest slap I've ever have to give. Sam quickly steps in front of me and holds me back.

"I'll show you bitch!" I yell out to him still trying to get passed Sam.

"Hayden, stop" Sam insists.

"Yea, Hayden. Stop." Dean mimics cackling towards me.

I calm myself down and Sam loosens his hold on me. "You good?" He asks eyeing me. I nod my head and he lets go. He turns his back and walks towards the cart. I quickly move forward and punch Dean in the face. His head jerks back. I don't even make him bleed. I turn quickly away to hide my face from him, my hand in unbearable pain.

"Break a nail my highness?" Dean laughs more.

I give him a death glare over my shoulder and Sam reaches me. "Your fingers broken" he holds it up a little and I squint in pain.

"You were going to use her blood to try and save me. Pathetic" he spits out. Sam walks me out of the room and back into the library.

"I told you.." Sam starts to say

"I know. I know. Forget it okay. It's out of my system, let's get this started. I don't want him to be a demon any longer than he already is" I say squinting as he tends to my hand.

"You shouldn't go back in there. He's going to say a lot worse."

"I'll be fine" I assure him "like I said, it's out of my system now." Sam finishes up with my finger in silence and then he looks at me strangely.

"What?" I ask, wanting to keep this thing rolling.

"You need to confess your sins, all of them" he tells me.

"Ugh. Okay well.." I sit back down and confess my sins. I've been to confession once before, when I was 12. It's still just as awkward. I stand up afterwards and look over to Sam. He's leaning against the wall and smirks when I make eye contact, understanding how awkward everything just was and trying to ignore that tension.

"Let's go" he pushes himself off the wall and leads the way back to the dungeon. Except Dean is no longer in the chair.

"Shit! Where is he!" I yell out walking in before Sam.

"How'd he get out?!" Sam yells back looking around. He walks over to the Devils trap and notices the scuffed paint on the floor. He turns his head to my feet and I look down at my heeled shoes. I scuffed up the mark after I hit him, shuffling back from the pain in my hand.

"Sam. I'm so sorry, I didn't even--I don't.." I stop talking. He shakes his head not answering me.
He turns to the table he had set up with the needle and sees a note written on the table. It reads

-Sammy, Let me go. You too, Hayden.

"Sam.." I say out loud.

He turns to me with a determined look on his face and he says "we will get him back." He walks back out of the room with a heavy step.