Chapter 38: Confirmed

We go into his bedroom and I take seat on the bed. He goes to the wall and puts his back against it.

"I'm so confused" I admit to him, my eyes flickering around the room as I think back to everything we've been told. "What if they are right? What if this baby is both good and bad" I look to Dean for answers.

"Better to be both good and bad then just bad" he shrugs his shoulders.

"I had a strange feeling when we went to see Cain too" I confide to him. His eyes look at mine for more answers "I just thought I was nervous. But then out there I felt the same type of thing, something deep inside of me I've never felt before".

"The baby--" Dean trails off.

"I'm scared, Dean" I look to him for support. He takes a step closer, but stops.

"It's okay" I tell him. He walks over to me and sits, he puts his arm around me softly. I lay my head against his shoulder and ponder in silence. "I guess we should go see an actual doctor" I sigh lifting my head up. He nods and we stay there next to each other just a bit longer.

A few days later and we are in the doctors office waiting. The same doctor from before walks in and she has a small, forced smile on her face "Hello again Hayden, and Dean" she looks at a chart. "I am deeply sorry for your loss" She says her eyes still reading the chart. "You are here today because you want to confirm your pregnancy, is that right" She asks looking to me. I nod and smile. "Okay then, why don't you lay back" she says walking over to the machine.

"Wait" Dean stands up "can we have a minute?" He asks the doctor.

She looks at me and I look at her and nod. "I'll be right outside when you're ready" she takes the glove off, throwing it into a trash can and leaves the room.

"What?" I ask searching him.

"We will find out how far along you are today, right?" He says, hands shaking.

"Yes, I didnt pee in a cup for nothing" I smirk trying to make him smile. He doesnt smile and starts to pace the room. "Dean, what is it?" I ask sitting back up trying to catch his gaze.

"What if--" he trails off

"What if what?" I finally reach for his hand. He is caught off guard and looks at me with concern in his eyes.

"What if it happened when I-- when I was a Demon?" He asks, his lips twitched down in a frown, eyes tired. "I don't think that's something I can deal with. I know I can't" he finishes.

"hey, look at me." He doesn't though, so I push harder "look at me!" his eyes turn to mine "it didn't happen then, I was already missing my period." explain to him, "thought it was stress."

"really?" his eyes show a sign of relief. I nod slightly. "oh thank God" he lifts his head up to the sky and takes a deep breath. He smiles at me and I smile back. He calls the doctor back in.

"Okay, here we go." She says a few minutes letter putting the ultrasound wand on my stomach. Me and Dean star at the screen eagerly. "Well, there is a baby in there." She smiles to me "everything looks good. The heartbeat is pretty strong too for only being 6 weeks along" she says removing the wand handing over a tissue.

"And what about the doctor who said she couldn't get pregnant?" Dean asks

"Well, I've looked over your chart. That doctor was right, after what happened, it seemed virtually impossible for you to have another child."
She removed her gloves and throws them away while looking at me "must be a miracle" she smiles. "I'll give you two a few minutes, I'll be back shortly" and with that she leaves the room.

"Well, there we have it. We're having a baby. Again" I say looking at him trying to seem enthused.

Dean shrugs at me "I'm sorry, this is nothing like last time. I'm freaking out." He admits to me.

"Hey, hey. One step at a time Dean. One step at a time. This part we've been through before. This part is easy" I nod to him. He nods back and we wait for the doctor to return.