Chapter 24: Dean's Secret

The weeks begin to blur by as Dean and I become closer. The routine stays the same. Dean hunts with his brother and Castiel. They come back, we spend time together, we talk, we date. One night, it starts to snow as I'm waiting outside in the hammock for Dean to get back. He walks outside slowly and I know something is wrong.

I sit up straight "what is it?" I ask him when he gets close. He sits next to me and the hammock swings a bit.

"Crowley" he spits the name out with disdain.

"The king of hell? What about him?" I ask confused.

"He's pushing for that favor I owe him," he looks at me and I lower my eyes. The favor he owes because of me.

I sigh out watching my breath appear in the air "what does he want?" I say when it disappears.

"He needs help finding something to kill a knight of hell" he explains to me. He mentioned once recently about a woman demon named Abadon, who's a knight of hell. I kind of follow along with what he's saying, getting more caught up on lore while he is gone hunting.

"You can't kill them the same way you kill the others?" I question. He shakes his head no. "How do you kill them?" I ask another question.

"I'm not exactly sure, that's why he needs my help" he leans back swinging his feet off the ground making us rock.

I lay down into his arms "I'm sorry."

"Nothing we can do about it now. I'll be going to meet with him tomorrow" he says rubbing his hand through my hair.

"Can I do anything?" I ask him, knowing very well, I can't much to help him.

"Just keep practicing shooting while I'm gone" he smirks at me but it fades quickly. Dean sleeps for about 3 hours before he gets up to leave. It's typical that he only gets a few hours a sleep a night. I sit up when he grabs his things and wait for him to say goodbye. He leans over the bed and we lock lips.

"I'll see you soon" he says when our lips part.

"See you soon D" I say back.

I lay back down, not being able to go back to sleep. It's just as usual for me to barely sleep when he is gone. Dean is back at the bunker 2 days later. He walks into the room where I'm sitting at a desk reading about vampires from his fathers journal. He looks at me then looks away.

"I'm gonna shower?" He says slinking out his leather jacket and letting it hit the floor

"How did it go with Crowley?" I ask him.

He takes off his shoes and pants and wraps a towel around his waist removing his boxers then.

"It was fine" he says blankly.

It doesn't feel right so I push further. "Dean, what happened?

His head whips around fast and his eyes are dark green in anger "it's fine. Drop it, okay." He tells not asks. I nod my head turning away from him. I hear a small sigh and he walks over to me. "I'm sorry. It was a long couple of days. I need to clean up" he kisses me on the forehead.

As he reaches the door I turn my head over my shoulder "gonna shower in your shirt?" I ask. He ignores me and walks out of the room. I bury my mind back into the journal, pushing my thoughts away.

2 weeks go by and things are pretty much the same. He left 3 days ago to go search for some knife to help kill the knight of hell. He gets back one night and doesn't say a word. He just crawls into the bed and turns away from me.

The next day it's just me and him left in the bunker. I'm doing laundry when Dean walks in with a load to add. I go to sort it but he turns me around quickly and forcefully and lifts me up on top of the running machine. He smiles a wicked smile and begins to unbutton his pants. I pull off my shirt and he pulls at my pants. I start to unbutton his usual plaid shirt but he stops me. "Leave it" he says kissing me with the vibration. I let me hands fall to his waist and we make love in the laundry room.

We have sex in the hammock, the kitchen, in the impala, and the library over the next few days. One night, after sleeping together in Sam's bed I turn over and straddle him "everything okay with you?" I ask stroking his stomach under his shirt.

"Fine" he says looking at me smiling.

"I mean, I know we've gone at it before. But we've been doing it like 3-5 times a day. It's like you can't get enough" I say with a smirk.

"I can't" he smirks back flipping me onto my back kissing me some more. He stops after a few minutes and gets up "I'm gonna shower" and he leaves. I lean up on my elbows and am speechless, he's so different recently, and I can't figure out what the hell it is. I clean up the room and walk out. I need a shower as well and decide to go join Dean. I throw a towel over my body and slowly walk into the bathroom. The steam is covering the room and I pull back the curtain "mind if I join?" I ask flirtatiously.

"Hayden, what the hell! Yes I mind!" He pulls back the curtain. I'm so startled at his reaction I stand there speechless. It takes a moment before I move and walk away. I sit on the edge of the bed and Dean walks in 15 minutes later already dressed. I look at him inquisitively and try to pin point what's different for yet another time that week. He combs his hair back, ignoring me, and goes to walk out. I step in front of him and block the doorway. "What" he looks at me with anger in his eyes.

I grab his right arm and start to pull up his sleeve. He attempts to pull it away from me but I hold on to hard and he yanks me forward, I fall into his chest. He doesn't move to help me readjust. I do so myself, still holding his arm and pull at the sleeve again. He is looking anywhere but at me. "What's this?" I run my hand over the burned marking on his forearm. He doesn't respond. "Dean?" I look up at him. He takes that opportunity to rip his arm from my hand and he walks out of the room. I hear a familiar door shut and he's out of the bunker.