Chapter 66

The boat has arrived at the docks at Port Ormos in the region of Sumeru. The Family got off the boat along with their air carrier. As they walked down the dock, they looked up and saw two giant trees beneath Port Ormos's skies. "Are you the Matsumoto Clan?" said a young man with

He has tan skin, red-orange eyes, medium-length gray hair and is wearing a jackal-headed deity. "Yes, we are. Are you here to take us to Sumeru City" Nanami asked him.

 Are you here to take us to Sumeru City" Nanami asked him

The picture is not mine

"Yes Im Cyno The General Mahamatra of the Akademiya. I was assigned as a guard and guide to ensure you and your family make it to Sumeru City safely. I brought a carriage to take you there. If you follow me please." Cyno said while leading them to the carriages.

The carriage itself is decorated with intricate carvings of leaves and vines, reminiscent of the lush rainforests of Sumeru. The seats are comfortable and cushioned, upholstered in rich, earthy tones that complement the natural surroundings, a big shaggy sumpter beast being the driver.

As they ride through the streets of Port Ormos, the Matsumoto family can't help but marvel at the sheer size and scale of the two giant trees that seem to tower over everything else. The branches are thick and gnarled, stretching out in all directions, providing shade and shelter to the city below.

The carriage enter the rainforest "It should take an hour to reach Sumeru City" Cyno said. The forest canopy blocked out most of the sunlight, leaving a dim green light that filters through the leaves. The air is thick and humid. 

The carriage passes by dusk birds, towering vines, riverbanks and huge waterfalls. Running water fills the air as they pass by small streams and waterfalls. The vegetation is lush and vibrant, with colourful flowers and plants growing everywhere. "Wow it's beautiful," Momo said looking around the rainforest. "Yes it is" Hiro replied.

After what seemed like an eternity of riding through the dense jungle, the carriage finally emerges from the trees and into a clearing. Sumeru City spreads out before them, a shining jewel nestled among the mountains.

 The city is built around a huge giant tree and its roots spread out like a web, forming streets and walkways. The buildings are made of wood and stone with terraced gardens and balconies overflowing with flowers and plants. 

The air is filled with the scent of tropical trees and the sound of running water, as fountains and streams wind their way through the city. there were marketplaces where people traded goods and the smell of spices and food filled the air. They cross a swirl tree vine bridge to the middle high point where the Akademiya is located.

The Akademiya is a huge building nestled at the base of the giant tree that Sumeru City is built around. It is made of stone, with high arched painted glass windows that let in streams of sunlight, casting intricate patterns across the polished marble floors. 

Kimi and Yasuhiro were waiting for them. "Mother, everyone you made it," Kimi said as she and Yasuhiro helped Chika and everyone out of the carriage. Chika hug Kimi while Nanami, Momo and Hiro hug Yasuhiro. "Kimi I missed you so much," Chika said to her daughter.

I missed you too mother" Kimi said with a smile. "Yasuhiro my son it's so good to see you." Yasuhiro smiled at his mother as he hugged her. "I miss you all too," Yasuhiro said to his mother and siblings.

"Thank you Cyno for bringing was here," Nanami said to the general "You're welcome my lady make sure you have all your belongings before I leave," he said to them. The Family unloaded their belongings from the air carrier.

As Cyno, the carriage, and the air carrier leave, they enter the Akademiya, they are greeted by the dean, a tall and regal woman with gray hair with gold leaves stick hairpins on each side of her head and green eyes. 

"Welcome to the Akademiya, I am Professor Mimoza. It is an honour to have Kimi's family here for her graduation next week. We will make sure you are well taken care of during your stay." She leads them through the building, showing them a huge water fountain in the middle of the hall, the Six Darshans classrooms, the meditation gardens and the Akademiya's library.

"This is the House of Daena where our most prized books and scrolls are kept. We have volumes here that date back thousands of years. Our scholars are always conducting research and making discoveries. In the middle there's an elevator that goes up to The Grand Sage's office" Mimoza said. "It's so huge," Momo said as she looked around the Library.

After a tour of the building, Mimoza shows the family where are they saying. "We have a cottage for you to stay at on school property"

"It has three bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, two bathrooms, and a garden. You will be able to cook your meals if you wish. We also have a servant assigned to clean the cottage and provide you with fresh linens and towels every day. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask one of our staff members."

The family followed Mimoza to the cottage. It was beautiful, with wooden beams and floors, and large windows that let in plenty of natural light. The garden outside was filled with fragrant flowers. "This is lovely," Chika said, taking in the view. "We'll be very comfortable here." The servants helped them unpack and showed them around the cottage.

As Chika puts her belongings away into her and Nanami's room" Kimi enters "O Bachan is gone is she mother?" Kimi asked Chika with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, Kimi. Your grandmother did pass away. I'm sorry you couldn't be there for her funeral. But I know she would be very proud of you for graduating. You should focus on that and make her proud." Chika said as she hugged her daughter. "She'll always be with us in spirit." 

 "Sorry it just hit me when you all made it here and she's not with you guys, when you sent me that letter, I thought you were pranking me," Kimi said as more tears came down. "It's alright Kimi, I know how much she meant to you," Chika said as she wiped away her tears.

Meanwhile, Nanami, Hiro and Momo were at the table overhearing Kimi and Chika in the bedroom. "Kimi and I were an emotional mess when you told us that O Bachan died and we couldn't be there for her funeral. Our professors give us a week off from our classes to grieve" Yasuhiro said almost getting teared up.

"I'm sorry you couldn't be there," Nanami said to him "It's ok," Yasuhiro said as he looked down. "But, we have to be strong for Kimi."

Hiro nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we should try to keep our minds off it for now. There's still so much to celebrate this week. Kimi's graduation is a big deal, after all." He smiled at his sister, trying to lighten the mood.

"You should see my dorm and Kimi's too" Yasuhiro said trying to change the subject. "The view from my room is amazing. Kimi's has a huge garden and her dorm has a balcony overlooking it. It's beautiful." 

He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Anyway, we should go get some dinner. There's this place called Lambad's Tavern that serves really good Sumeru food wanna go?"

"Sure, that sounds nice." Nanami smiled, trying to match her son's enthusiasm. Momo went to the bedroom "Hey Aunt Chika and Kimi do you want to head out for dinner?" Momo asked them "No it's okay we want to spend time together," Chika said as she was still hugging Kimi trying to calm her down.

"Alright, I'm going with them," Momo said as she left the room and went with her mother and brothers.

-

Notes 

Cyno, Sumeru, the animals and the Akademiya are owned by Hoyoverse