Chapter 14

They left the shop, and Ayato was leading the way towards the Komore teahouse, which was not far from where they were. As they walked, Vendors cried out their wares, geishas hurried past on their way to appointments, and soldiers strolled nonchalantly, their polearms at their sides.

Momo was glad that no one was staring at them it would have made her feel uncomfortable, especially with Ayato is waking beside her she still thinking about that dream of him.

As they walked they could see the teahouse it was beautifully designed with a cherry blossom tree in front of it and a pond with colourful koi fish. It was the perfect place to have lunch.

They entered the teahouse and were greeted by the host. "Ah Lord Ayato and his guests, please follow me." She led them to a private room where Ayaka (who was now wearing her normal attire) and Thoma were already waiting for them.

"Please have a seat." The host said as she put the order in for lunch "Can we have a hotpot with udon noodles?' Ayato asked the host. "Of course my Lord, it will be right up." She bowed and left the room.

"Oh brother you brought guest, how nice of you" Ayaka teased her older brother. "It's been a while since I saw you with company," she said as she sat next to Thoma. "Oh Lady Momo it's nice to see you again," she said  "Lady Ayaka it's nice to see you too," Momo said as she and Kimi sat down.

"Hi I'm Thoma I'm their housekeeper" Thoma introduces himself with a smile. "I've heard so much about you Lady Momo." Momo smiles at him "It's nice to meet you, Thoma."

"Hi I'm Kimi I'm Momo's cousin please to meet you," Said Kimi. "Hello, Lady Kimi. It's always a pleasure to meet another member of the family." Ayaka said politely.

Io had her head down being all shy "This is Io my maid sorry she's not used to being around new people" Momo said "H-Hi it's nice to meet y-you all" Io said stuttering.

"No worries Io," Ayaka assured her with a kind smile. "We're just about to have a Tea Ceremony and then we have lunch". she added "That's right I've forgotten about that," Ayato said as he chunkle.

A knock was heard it was an elderly woman. "I've come to serve you for the tea ceremony," The Teishu said, "Please follow me to the tea room." The Teishu led them to another room where there was a low table in the center, covered with a red cloth. A small alcove was set into the wall, displaying a few calligraphy scrolls. The room was small and cozy, with tatami mats on the floor with a nice view of the water and mountains. 

The Teishu invited everyone to sit on the floor around the table. She instructed them to remove their shoes and place them in the small closet near the entrance.

 She instructed them to remove their shoes and place them in the small closet near the entrance

Once everyone was seated, she began to prepare the tea. First, she heated the water in a small iron pot over a charcoal brazier. Then, she ground the green tea leaves in an earthen bowl using a bamboo whisk.

While this was happening Momo was looking at Ayato she couldn't help but think about that dream she had about him. She wondered if it was a sign or something. She took a deep breath and focused on the Teishu and what she was doing.