Chapter 2

Lady Nanami has been head leader of the family's clan since her husband Matsumoto Jun died of an illness ten years ago, Hiro was too young to take over and there were no other older male family members left.

Lady Nanami took over at her own free will but it's not in common for a woman to be a clan leader, as most clan leaders are men, Lady Nanami was one of the few exceptions. It took her a long time to earn the respect of the other clans and nobles but she did it. Now, she sits at the head of the table, looking regal and commanding in her own right and she is ready to retire.

"Good morning Mother you wanted to see me," Momo asked,  "Good morning Momo," she said, setting her documents aside. "Please sit." Momo obeys, sitting down across from her.

"As you know I'm retiring in two days" Nanami nodded, her expression somber. "Yes, I am aware. It's a decision I understand, even if I don't entirely agree with it. You have been an incredible leader mother"

"Thanks, time has to change, now your brother is of age he is now our new clan leader for our family," Nanami said with a small smile. "I want to ask you something important Momo, as your mother and the soon former clan leader of the Matsumoto family. Will you promise to do everything in your power to help your brother succeed? To be the voice of reason and diplomacy for him, just as you have been for me?"

"Of course," Momo replied sincerely. "I would not have it any other way. My brother and I may have our differences, but our bond as twins is far stronger than any disagreements we have. I will always be there for him, to guide and support him, just as he has done for me. He will make an excellent leader, and I will do everything in my power to ensure his success."

"Thank you Momo you may have heard rumours about the Yashiro Commissioner wanting to bury the hatchet with us," she said

Nanami paused for a moment, her expression thoughtful. "Yes, Io told me just now Mother is it true"

"It is," she said, her voice solemn. "Lord Ayato has sent word that he and his clan wish to end the long-standing feud between our families. We are willing to do so as well to discuss terms of peace and perhaps even enter into a formal alliance."

Momo was stunned. She had never expected such a turn of events. The Kamisato Clan had always been their sworn enemies, and the idea of working together seemed unthinkable. But the more she thought about it, the more sense it made. The world was changing, and the days of endless conflict were beginning to wear thin. Perhaps it was time for a new era of peace and prosperity.

"Hiro is seeking a meeting with The Shogun at her palace Lord Ayato will be there too ." Momo listened carefully to her mother's words. This was huge news. Not only was the Yashiro Commissioner reaching out to them, but the Electro Archon herself was involved.

The Raiden Shogun is one of the seven gods also known as the Seven Archons who rule all seven nations of Teyvet, each one ruling a different element. The Raiden Shogun rules the element of electro and has been the ruler of Inazuma for centuries. Her palace in Inazuma city is the most guarded place. Her presence at this meeting would mean that she was taking the negotiations very seriously.

"Is that all mother?" she asked "No, there is one more thing I must ask of you?", Nanami's expression grew more serious. "I want you to be present at this meeting between Hiro and the Yashiro Commissioner. Your presence will show that we are united as a family and that we take these negotiations very seriously".

"Your diplomatic skills and ability to read people will be invaluable in ensuring a successful outcome, Lord Ayato's sister will be there as well, do you understand what I am asking of you?, Lady Nanami asked her daughter.

Momo considered her mother's request for a moment. It would be an honour to represent The Matsumoto Clan in such a significant meeting, but she knew it wouldn't be easy.

"I understand," she said finally. "I will do everything in my power to ensure a successful outcome. I will be a voice of reason and diplomacy, just as you have always trusted me to be. And I will make certain that our family's interests are protected and respected throughout the negotiations."

"Good now let's head to the dining room for breakfast your brother and everyone else should be there by now," Nanami said

As they left the office and walked through the estate halls, Momo couldn't help but feel a mixture of nervousness and excitement. The prospect of bringing peace to the two families was daunting, but the potential for prosperity and unity was enticing. She would need to be at the top of her game if she was going to help her brother and the Yashiro Commissioner reach an agreement.

"Mother Io told me she heard rumours about Lord Ayato is not like other head nobles is that true?" She asked her mother.

Nanami smiled warmly at her. "Yes, Lord Ayato has always been different from the others. He has a kind heart and a gentle spirit, which sometimes makes him seem vulnerable. But don't let that fool you. He is a strong and capable leader who cares deeply for his family and his people. He has faced many challenges in his life, but he has always risen to meet them head-on, with courage and determination."