Chapter 34

"Shiro was my uncle, your grandfather's younger brother, he was a later child because my grandparents struggled to have another child. They were once close, but when my father became clan leader, Shiro completely changed, he became envious of him, he was no longer a nice boy, he was always jealous, and selfish, he no longer loved his brother. As he got older he didn't want to live under the same roof with the family.

 My father was glad that he didn't. He would spend mora on prostitutes to do God knows what. As years go on we discover he had twins with a prostitute, but she disappeared 9 years after they were born.

A year later my father found out he was committing illegal drug dealing, he made a drug called Black Dahlia, he would sell it and make people so addicted, and he killed the mother of his children he only saw her as a tool he used her to bear him a son".

Chika tries to control her tears

"... so many young people lost their lives... we... we always thought they died of an overdose or something but... it was him... it was all him..."

She wiped her tears and continued "My father confronted him about this, but Shiro threatened him and our family, he wanted your grandfather dead so he could take over as clan leader for his own personal gain, your father stepped in and challenged him, Jun defeated him, after his loss Shiro and his kids were banished stripped them from your last name, Both your grandfather and father tried to arrest him but they already disappeared they did send out a warrant for his arrest we thought he was gone for good".

"You need to know the truth about what really happened to Lord Jun ten years ago," Ayato said as look at Chika.

"I know Shiro poisoned him," she said, "WHAT" Nanami shouted "thats in possible he died from a sickness".  "Wait you knew" Ayato asked Chika

"Yes when my brother was dying I knew something wasn't right, I felt this was more than just a normal illness, the official officer of our clan at that time Takeshi Shiranui, who we consider as the family had been distance from us, first I didn't know why he has been acting odd after Jun died I found Shiranui in his home, his wife and child were gone, he was sobbing on the floor when I confronted him he told me everything," Chika said, her voice shaky.

Ayato was surprised when Takeshi Shiranui was mention "He never told me about this," he thought

Everyone was surprised by what they heard.

"Shiro out of nowhere came to his home he threatened him that if he didn't help him get rid of Jun he would kill his family" Chika continues, "I told him he should have gone to the police but he was too scared, I was angry at him for keeping this to himself, but I knew he was afraid for his family too, I knew Shiro was a cruel man, he enjoys toying with people and playing with their emotions, Shiranui had no choice".

Nanami fell to her knees in shock "Jun my beloved" as tears fell. "Oh gods why didn't I know this" she cried out.

"Shiranui was forced not to say everything about Shiro's presents, his family was in danger he had to protect him, he just had a baby girl, I agree to not say anything for the sake of his family and ours, I'm so sorry this would have killed mother if she knew her son was killed, now she knew and look what happens to her, she didn't died of a heart attack... she died of a broken heart". Chika said, crying 

'It's not your fault, you did what you have to do..." Ayato continued "I spoke to Takeshi Shirauni not too long ago"

"What where is he?" Nanami said her voice shaky. "I'm sorry Lady Nanami he doesn't want the family to know where he is, he's just hiding, I told him what The Akuma clan is planning something big, he can help me bring them down, he will do anything to amend for his mistakes and his family left Inazuma he hasn't seen them in ten years but their safe".

Momo looked up at him "How long did you know this Ayato?" Momo asked, "About 6 years".

"And why didn't you say anything?" Chika asked.

Hiro went to Ayato and grab him by the collar "Is this the main reason you and your clan want to make peace with us and for you to marry my sister so you can use your actions to help my family, you piece of shit" he said as his grip on his collar tightens.

Momo look at her brother "Hiro calm down, let him go" she said. But Hiro ignores her and keeps his grip on Ayato. "Lord Hiro I stand by what I said for a long time I have," Ayato said

Ayaka grabs Hiro by the shoulder trying to calm him down "Hiro he's telling the truth we wanted to put our bad blood behind us for a long time, we always had a lot of respect for your family including our parents, we didn't have the courage to get in contact until a month ago, even before meeting her my brother had a lot of feelings for your sister, she was different in any girl that he had ever seen.

Ayato remained silent, meeting Hiro's glare with a steady determination. He knew that the young man was hurt and angry, but he also knew that he had to stand his ground. He couldn't let Hiro believe that his actions were self-serving.

 "Lord Hiro please my love and respect for your sister and your family is real and true," he said, his voice firm and honest. "I understand your anger, but please believe me when I say that helping your family has always been my top priority." "Really" Momo asked, a small smile forming on her lips

"Then you should know that my brother doesn't always react the way he should, he's protective like that, he just wants what's best for the family, that's all," she said, putting a hand on Hiro's arm.

"Hiro please let go of him," Sayuri said as she went to help Momo, but Hiro still didn't let go. "He wouldn't lie to us, please trust him," Sayuri said with tears in her eyes. "Lord Hiro, please calm down," Jiro said as he went to help but Hiro still didn't let go.

"Hiro" Momo said softly, taking a step closer to him. "She's right, you know. I'm different from any girl and I want to be with someone who loves me for who I am, not just because of my name"

Hiro closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. He could feel the anger and hurt starting to subside, replaced by a mix of confusion and uncertainty. Finally, he released his grip on Ayato's collar and took a step back. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice hoarse. "I shouldn't have done that."

Ayato rubbed his throat, wincing at the sting of Hiro's grip. "I understand your emotions," he said, meeting Hiro's gaze. "Your sister means the world to you, and I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her." Sayuri stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Hiro, leaning her head against his chest.

"I trust them," she whispered then looked at Ayato "I trust you, Lord Ayato. Please don't let this ruin everything they have worked for."

"I won't," he assured her, meeting her gaze. "I will do everything in my power to protect the clan as I promise I will. He then turned to Hiro, extending his hand. "I apologize for my actions, Lord Hiro. I understand that my words have caused you pain, and I am truly sorry for that. Please accept my apology."

Hiro stared at Ayato's outstretched hand for a moment, then slowly took it, their grip firm but not tight. "I accept your apology," he said, his voice still shaky. "And I will consider what has been said." Heizou took notes of everything that was going down. "But I want to be clear," Hiro continued, "if you ever hurt her, if you ever do anything to make her unhappy, I will make sure you regret it for the rest of your life." His expression was resolute, his eyes unyielding.

Ayato nodded solemnly. "I understand," he said, meeting Hiro's gaze without flinching. "I would not harm her, and I will do everything in my power to make her happy."

Momo smiled at the exchange between Hiro and Ayato, her heart still racing from the confrontation. She stepped forward, taking Hiro's hand in hers. "Thank you, Hiro," she said, looking into his eyes. "I know you're still angry, but I promise I'll always be careful." 

-

Notes

The characters who are in this chapter are owned by Hoyoverse