Chapter 21

Ayaka was in her bedroom sitting at her desk reading a letter, it was from Kaedehara Kazuha

Kaedehara Kazuha is a wandering samurai and ameno vision user of the once-famed Kaedehara Clan,

Kazuha and Ayaka were betrothed at a young age, Both their clans were allies so the betrothal was a political move to ensure peace and prosperity. It wasn't too long ago The Kaedehara Clan collapsed, having almost no fortunes to inherit.  The authorities repossessed the household. Kazuha became a wander and left Inazuma.

Kazuha would write letters to Ayaka telling her about his wandering journeys he also wrote a poem in the letter as well.

Ayaka smiled and sighed as she finished reading the letter and the poem. She missed Kazuha dearly. She wondered when she would see him again. She placed the letter back in its envelope and put it aside. She decided to write back to him later when she had time

There was a knock "Come in." the door opened and Ayato entered, looking somewhat sombre. he cleared his throat before speaking.

"Ayaka, I have some news. Takeshi Shiranui, who I found last night, turns out Shiro forced Shiranui to kill Lord Jun, Shiranui's family was in danger he had no choice. I have managed to convince Takeshi to help us bring The Akuma clan plans to an end. He has agreed to work with me".

"But, Ayato, you must understand that Shiranui was just as much a victim in all of this as anyone else," Ayaka began, her voice filled with empathy. "He was forced into committing a horrible act against his will. I'm sure he has suffered immensely because of Shiro's machinations. If anyone deserves our forgiveness and support, it's him."

"I know that sister," Ayato said, his expression softening. "But we must also consider the consequences of our actions. If we are seen as simply forgiving those who have done wrong, without any repercussions, it could signal that such behaviour is acceptable. We cannot simply turn a blind eye to the suffering that Shiro and his Clan have caused. We must find a way to balance justice and mercy." Ayato continued

"What he has told me is the Shiro had passed away his kids are now controlling the clan and carrying on with his plan"

"Shiro's kids Kuro and Sachiko, seem to be just as ruthless as their father. We must be cautious in our approach. We cannot underestimate them," Ayato mused. "But Takeshi's knowledge of the situation is invaluable. He knows things that even I am not aware of"

"As of now one of them remains in hiding,  The Shuumatsuban are keeping an eye out and report any suspicious activity." Ayato finish

"Brother, I trust your judgment. You have always been wise beyond your years. I will do everything in my power to help you protect the Matsumoto Clan and Inazuma" Ayaka said with determination in her voice.

"For now we will go on with our daily lives and I need to get going," Said Ayaka as she stood up grabbed what looked like blueprints and put them in a case.

"Sure I have documents to do, please tell them I said hello," said Ayato as they both left her room.

A while later 

Ayaka walked inside the Yae Publishing House, an employee of the bookstore greeted her, and he bowed to her.

"Welcome Lady Ayaka please follow me to the back," He said to her.

As they walked in the back room Ayaka could see that the Publishing House was busy with people looking and buying books.

The employee showed her a private room she thanked him, she entered the room where two people there, Konda Densuke and an elderly man who is the chef village of Konda Village and Konjou Sara were present in the room.