Chapter 30

A voice was heard behind them, and they turned to see several Rounis in black robes, with the symbol of a demon on their chests, standing before them, their eyes burning with anger and malice. 

The leader of the group stepped forward, his face contorted with rage. "We have orders to kill you and The flame lily comes with us" he shouted, his voice echoing through the forest.

Hiro and Momo exchanged worried glances, but Padma remained calm. "The flame lily does not belong to any one person or group," she said, her voice steady. "It guards the Unknown Spring, and whoever drinks from its waters is entitled to its protection. You cannot take it from us by force."

The leader of the Rouni grinned malevolently. "We will see about that," he sneered. He motioned to his followers, and they drew their weapons. Hiro and Momo backed away slowly, their hearts pounding in their chests.

 Padma, however, remained rooted to the spot, her hands held out to the side in a gesture of peace. "Padma stays behind us we take care of them" Momo ordered the Melusine as the Rounis charged at them. 

Momo and Hiro summon their swords and fight back against the Rouni, defending themselves while trying to protect Padma. The battle was fierce, with the three of them fighting against the superior numbers of the Rounis. Hiro used his pyro vision, his sword was in flames as he charged at them.

Meanwhile, Momo dodged their attacks and countered, summoning glowing leaves to create a shield around her. Padma stood motionless, her hands still outstretched in a peaceful gesture. As Hiro fought, he noticed that she seemed to be focusing on the flame lily, her eyes glowing with power.

 Suddenly, a bright light emanated from the flower, engulfing her and the Rounis surrounding them. When the light faded, the Rounis were gone, vanished into thin air. The forest was silent, save for the rustling of leaves and the sound of Hiro and Momo catching their breath.

"What was that?" Hiro asked breathlessly.

Padma looked at Hiro and Momo, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "The flame lily has the power to banish those who seek to harm it," she explained. "It protected us from the Rouni's and their demonic influence. We are safe now." She glanced down at the flower in her hand, its petals still glowing softly.

Hiro nodded, his chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath. "I didn't realize the flame lily had such power," he said, sheathing his sword.

Momo wiped the sweat from her brow and glanced at Padma. "How did you know it would protect us?" she asked. Padma shrugged, her expression mysterious. "It's part of the lore surrounding the flame lily. It has always been known to defend itself and those it deems worthy,

 "Like I said before my master did a lot of research on the flame lily " she explained, looking thoughtful.

"But," she continued, "I believe there is more to it than that. I just felt a connection to the lily as if it was guiding me. It seemed to know that we meant no harm and that we were here to protect it, just as it protected us and allowed me to use it for research." Her voice trailed off, lost in thought.

Hiro and Momo exchanged glances. They had never known Padma to speak so openly about her feelings or her connection to the flora. It was clear that her research on the flame lily had left a profound impression on her.

As they continued making their way out of the domain, Hiro found himself thinking about what Padma had said. He couldn't help but wonder if there was some deeper truth to her words. Perhaps the flame lily did have a consciousness of its own, and it had chosen to protect them because it recognized their intentions.

Momo, on the other hand, seemed more focused on Padma herself. She studied the Melusine's face, trying to understand the emotions that had been revealed during their battle with the Rounis.

Sayu was still hiding behind the top of the tree waiting for them.

the domain door opened she saw them come out. "Is that a flame lily?... Lord Ayato will need to hear this" The small child disappeared.

Walking their way out of the forest they found more of Rouni's unconscious "What happened here?"

he asked "I don't know it looks like they were following us but someone took them out, some must have managed to head to the domain and that's where they found us, let us just leave them there" Momo answered.

They left them there and headed to Padma's lair.