Chapter 31

The sun was setting, painting the sky in shades of red and orange as they made their way back to the lair.  As they approached, Ayato, Ayaka and Sayu were standing outside of the cave when they spotted Hiro, Momo, and Padma. 

"What the... Lord Ayato, Lady Akaya what are you doing here? how did you find this place?" Momo asked, taken aback by the presence of Ayato and Ayaka along with Sayu "That's not important Momo, Hiro there I need to speak to you, you're in danger."

"Danger? What do you mean?" Hiro inquired, confused. Ayato glanced at Momo, then back to Hiro. "You know those Rouni's back there?" "Yes, we encountered them earlier," Hiro replied cautiously. "They work for the Akuma Clan," Ayaka said as she clutched onto Sayu tightly. 

"Lord Ayato what's doing on who is The Akuma Clan and what do they want?" Momo asked

"The Akuma Clan, it was formed by your great Uncle and his kids" Ayaka explained. "My grandfather never had a brother, and we don't recall hearing about any of this from our family," Hiro said

"Is there something that my family knows that we don't?" Momo asked

"I don't want to go into full details because it's not my place, your great uncle's name is Shiro he has two kids twins Kuro and Sachiko, He wanted to take over the Matsumoto clan, but it backfired on him, it cost him and his kids to be banished by your grandfather and they could no longer carry Matsumoto last name" Ayato gives an old "wanted" sign to Hiro, he looks at it said wanted. "After they were banished, there was a warranty on him you should read it," Ayaka said. 

Hiro and Momo read the paper, Padma didn't know what was going on. They looked in horror "Banish Matsumoto clan member wanted for threatening his brother Lord Akira and his clan leader status, was involved in drug dealing, and was a suspect of murder" the paper said. "oh my god this is horrible" Momo cried.

Ayato took a deep breath "Hiro and Momo you deserve to know the truth about your father"They both looked at him "Our Father what do you mean" Momo asked. Ayato took another deep breath Ayaka was holding his hand.

"Your father didn't die from a normal illness... he was poison"

Momo and Hiro looked at Ayato in horror "WHAT IMPOSSIBLE this can't be right" Hiro yelled as tears came down his eyes. Momo was in shock as tears came down her eyes. 

"Ten years ago Shiro reappeared at the home of one of your officers, Shiro ordered the officer to poison Lord Jun if he didn't, Shiro would kill his family" Ayaka explained. "This can't be true," Hiro said as he fell to his knees. "I... I need some time alone" Momo said as she ran into the cave. Padma followed her.

Ayato went to Sayu "Sayu I need you to look after Momo" Sayu nodded and went into the cave. Hiro was still on his knees as he cried, his shoulders shaking.  "I... I don't know what to think..." he managed to say between sobs. "But... if it's true... then...then why would he do that? Why would he want to hurt us? Why would he want to..." His words trailed off as more tears streamed down his face.

Ayato kneels beside Hiro. "Shiro wanted revenge, he wanted to hurt your family because of the banishment, he wanted the Matsumoto Clan to suffer," He said softly, placing a comforting hand on Hiro's shoulder. 

"He was a cruel and twisted man, filled with hate and spite. It's hard to understand why someone would want innocent people to suffer, but that's what he wanted. And now, it seems that his evil plans have only grown worse." 

"I'll kill him," Hiro said through gritted teeth. "I'll make him pay for what he did to my father."

"I"'m sorry Lord Hiro, Shiro passed away 5 years ago, his kids took over The Akuma clan their carrying on with his plan"

Hiro looked at Ayato, eyes filled with anger and determination. "Then I'll find them. I'll make them pay too." He wiped away his tears, determined to seek vengeance for his father. "I need to see my sister. I need to make sure she's alright."