Chapter 48

At the shoguns' palace, Konjou Sara was speaking to the Raiden Shogun, "So the delusion ended up killing her" the Shogun said as she was looking at Sachiko's delusion that Sara had given her.

"Yes, Your Majesty. The situation was chaotic. But It's taken care of, it's all thanks to Matsumoto Clan's Leader and his sister." Sara said as she bowed her head slightly in respect. The Raiden Shogun remained silent for a moment, lost in thought. Finally, she spoke.

"Chaos is often like that, isn't it? It can consume us, and make us do things we never thought ourselves capable of. It's only when the dust settles and we look back that we realize how far we've come. And sometimes, it's only then that we see the true cost of our actions." Her gaze drifted back to Sachiko's delusion.

"As for her brother, he's still hiding so we're still on the lookout including the Black Dahlia drugs," Sara said, changing the subject slightly. The Raiden Shogun nodded, her gaze still fixed on the delusion. "Of course. We must find him. He's a dangerous man."

Somewhere in a hidden located

"My Lord I have some news," a spy of the Akuma clan said "It's your sister, Sachiko she's dead, The Matsumoto twins defeated her, but the delusion killed her, Shirauni is dead as well" Kuro was sitting in his chair by the fireplace.

"Is that all?" Kuro asked him "The rouni's are still searching for whoever has the flame lily and we haven't heard anything from Scaramouche" The spy answered "Whatever you can leave" he ordered the spy. As the Spy disappeared. Kuro took a drink of his sake. His wife Ume was by his side.

"I can't believe that fool of a sister of mine got easily manipulated by The Regrator," Kuro said with a growl. "Kuro my love," Ume said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "She was going to betray us for that Harbinger all she cares about is power, but look what happened to her. She's not as smart as she thinks she is."

Kuro sighed and looked at his wife. "I know. But it still doesn't change the fact that she's gone, I loved her I really did, I'm not like my father, and now we have to deal with the aftermath." He took another drink of his sake, trying to steady his nerves.

"We should continue to stay low, it's not the best time to destroy the Matsumoto clan, for now we should concentrate on our son," she said mentioning their 8-year-old son.

Kuro nodded in agreement. "You're right, Daiki is the future of the Akuma clan," Kuro stood up from his chair took his wife's hand and went to the hallway towards Daiki's bedroom.

Inside the room, Daiki was sound asleep. His dark hair is messy and his small face scrunched up in a cute way. Seeing him like this, Kuro felt a pang in his heart. He knew that one day, his son would have to take up the mantle of leadership for the Akuma clan. 

-

Notes

The characters in this chapter are own by Hoyoverse