Chapter 9 (Mature)

Warning: Smut 

The Matsumoto estate hot springs were nestled at the foot of a forested hill, overlooking a small lake and the mountains, The water was crystal clear and warm, with a slight sulfuric smell that added to its natural charm.

-

 The Picture is not mine

-

As Kimi, Momo and Io made their way to the bathhouse they quickly washed themselves before they could enter the hot spring. As they sunk into the water, they felt the tension and fatigue from the journey melt away, replaced by a soothing warmth and a sense of calm.

"So Mother has been telling me that The Kamisato Clan wants to put an end to their bad blood with our family they want to make peace with us' said Kimi as she dipped her head under the water for a few seconds. 

"It's true yes Hiro and I went to the Shogun's palace and we had a meeting with Lord Ayoto along with his sister Lady Ayaka, two Kujou clan members were there too and The Shogun herself," said Momo

The bathhouse was quiet for a minute, with only the sound of running water. "My lady as a servant I'm not allowed to hear or listen about the Clan's personal business" Io worried "It's okay Io you won't get in trouble for listening to us your family to me," said Momo with a smile. 

"Thank you," Io said softly. "So what does the inside of the Shogun's palace look like?" Kimi asks Momo. "It was beautiful but very intimidating, the guards were so strict and serious and the Shogun herself was very..." Momo was loss for words. "Imposing?" Kimi suggested. "Yes, that's the word. She had this air about her that made you feel small."

The hot spring water continued to lap gently against the stone as if it were the waves of the lake outside.

"I can imagine," Kimi mused, "how imposing it must be. "She let out a soft sigh, "It must be difficult, knowing that there's so much at stake with the Kamisato Clan." "Yes, it is but not going in full detail Lord Ayoto told me and Hiro not only he was to make peace and become allies he..." Momo quickly paused as she remembered her mother's words. "Momo what is it what else did he want" Kimi worried. "I'm sorry I promise Mother not to say anything about the last part for now"

Io sat silently listening to them, she was wondering what Lord Ayato had told her. She knew a little bit about the bad blood between the clans, but not the details, she then realized what it was. "My Lady, is it an arranged marriage?"

Momo and Kimi both jump shocked at the question not expecting it. Momo blushed "I-I'm sorry I should not have said anything," Momo said in a small voice.

"No, it's alright Momo" Kimi replied "It's just that we are not allowed to talk about it to anyone outside the family even though you are my cousin." "My lady I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bring that up," Io said "No Io it's fine, I can't keep this buddle up inside for this long," said Momo