Chapter 32

They head inside the cave of Padma's lair,  

Momo was sitting on the ground, her back against a large rock, her knees pulled up to her chest. Tears continued to streak down her face. Padma was crouched next to her, trying to comfort her. Sayu was standing nearby with a sad expression.

 All three looked up when Hiro,  Ayato and Ayaka entered the cave. "Hiro..." Momo sobbed, her voice barely audible. "Hiro..." she repeated, her voice cracking as she crawled over to him.

Hiro wrapped his arms around his sister, burying his face in her hair. He felt her trembling as she clung to him. "Shh... it's okay, Momo. I'm here now." He said softly, trying to reassure her.

Padma looked at Ayato and Ayaka, her large, blue eyes filled with sympathy. "If there's anything I can do to help..., I'm Padma I'm a Melusine from Fontaine, I've been living here in Inazuma for almost two hundred years with my human master where both alchemists, but she passed away long ago," Padma said. Ayaka looked at the Melusine and nodded. "Its nice to meet you Padma, can you show me the flame lily" Ayaka asked her "Yes of course".

"Come on Momo, let's get some rest and try to calm down," Hiro said as he gently helped his sister to her feet. Momo nodded, still sniffling as she wiped away her tears. They found a small corner of the cave to rest in, with Sayu and Ayoto staying close by in case they were needed.

Padma went to her desk Ayaka followed her, "Here it is" She showed the flame lily to Ayaka, and She took a closer look at it. "It's a very beautiful flower just like the picture I saw in the books," Ayaka said as she examined it. "Oh, have you researched it?" Padma asked her, "Yes I did, I want to know more about it, it's so unique" Ayaka replied. "the flame lily is extremely rare. The flower is known for its healing properties and other unknown things it's so hard to find it."

"True I have been searching for it for so long, my master has done a lot of research on it," she said as Padma explained to Ayaka how she just met Momo three days ago, telling her about her life here and the flame lily and Momo wanted to help her search for it if she teaches her about alchemy.

"I was teaching her the beginning basics of alchemy, then she introduced me to her brother, he knew about the flame lily location, it was inside a domain that was so hard to find."

Ayaka was listening to the Melusine carefully, her eyes wide with interest. "That's incredible," she breathed, "to think that such a rare and powerful flower could exist,

"That's when the rouni's were following you," Sayu said as the small child came to see them "I was hiding in the tree when it happened, I only managed to take most of them out but some escape and went inside that weird looking door" Sayu explained "So went they ambush us they said they were under orders to want to kill us and they wanted the lily'.

Padma said nothing for a moment as she thought about what to do, she knew the flame lily was too important to let it fall into the wrong hands. "What happened to those  other rouni's" Ayaka asked "It was the flame lily that protected us " Padma replied "The lily power banishes those who seek to harm it"

"wow, that's amazing" Ayaka was surprised. " I can feel the connection to the lily as if it was guiding me. It seemed to know that we meant no harm and we were here just protecting it, just as it protected us and allowed me to use it for research." Padma explained 

Hiro listened as Padma and Ayaka talked, his heart heavy with worry about his sister. He knows that Momo is strong. He glanced over at Ayato looking worried as well.

"It looks like The Akuma clan was after the flame lily as well," Ayato told them, everyone looked at Ayato.

"Like you said the flame lily is not just known for its healing properties but other things that we don't know about if they get their hands on it they can turn it into a weapon," Ayato said with a serious tone, making everyone even more worry about the situation.

"Padma you must protect the flame lily at all costs," Ayato said to the melusine.

"I will, I promised to protect it," Padma replied, her voice resolute. "And I won't let anyone harm it, or use it for evil purposes. I've devoted my life to studying its properties, and I won't let that work go to waste."

"Thank you, Padma, the Akuma clan will be after you, you will be under our protection," Ayaka said to the Melusine, she was feeling a sense of trust with the Melusine. "We will do everything in our power to make sure you're safe".

"Thank you for your kind words and your offer of protecting me," Padma replied, her tail swaying slightly as she spoke. She glanced over at Hiro and Ayato, then back at Ayaka. "It means a great deal to me that you would take such an interest in my work, and in the flame lily's safety. I'm grateful for your support, But no worries I do know how to protect my lair, as she pointed at a polearm look a like staff right behind her "And the flame lily will protect me just like before".

"Momo, I'm sorry but I must ask you that you must stay back and put your training on hold. The closer you are to me, the greater the risk to your safety. The Akuma clan will not hesitate to harm anyone who gets in their way.

"You must understand what she is saying Momo, your family is in danger and so is Inazuma, it doesn't mean it's goodbye," Ayato said to Momo.

Momo nodded slowly, her eyes a bit teary. "I understand," she said softly. "Thank you Momo, I am so glad I got to meet you and for being my friend, for now, I will do more research on the flame lily it will be helpful to us, here take the extra potions you brewed it" Padma handed Momo a pouch.

"Thank you, Padma, you can count on us," Ayaka said, giving a nod. "If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask"

"HIRO" there was a scream "HIRO ARE OUT HERE"

"Wait I know that voice it's Sayuri" Hiro ran out of the cave everyone followed "Padma do anything that you can to protect your lair we will see you soon," Ayaka said to her.

-

Notes 

Kamisato Ayato, Kanisatio Ayaka, and Sayu are owned by Hoyoverse