Chapter 29

Momo, Padma, and Hiro were making their way to the domain following the trail of crushed leaves and broken branches the forest was eerily quiet, and the only sounds they could hear were the rustling of leaves and the distant call of a bird.

As they continued their journey, they came across a small clearing with a sparkling stream flowing through it. Hiro pointed to a series of stepping stones that crossed the stream and led deeper into the forest and found a domain door "That's the domain I mentioned earlier. Once we're inside the stones will take us to the hidden path leading to the Unknown Spring." He paused, taking a deep breath. "Are you both ready?"

Momo and Padma nodded, their hearts racing with anticipation and fear. They followed Hiro inside the domain.

Sayu was hiding on top of a tree watching them heading inside a domain door. "Where are they going" She whispered. Then she saw Rounis following them "Oh no"

Once they were inside they found themselves standing before a dense wall of trees, their branches intertwined so tightly that it seemed impossible to pass through.

Hiro placed his hand on a particular tree, feeling its rough bark beneath his fingertips. "This is the one," he muttered under his breath. With a grunt, he pushed against the tree, and it slowly began to move aside, revealing a hidden path behind it.

"Follow me," he said, leading them down the narrow path. The trees grew closer together, their branches forming a canopy above them that blocked out most of the sunlight. The air grew cooler and more humid as they ventured deeper into the forest. The ground beneath their feet was soft and spongy, covered in moss and fallen leaves.

After what seemed like an eternity, the path opened up into a small clearing. In the center of the clearing was a large, crystal-clear spring bubbling up from the ground. Its waters were as clear as glass and as pure as snow, shimmering in the dim light filtering through the trees. Around the spring, colourful flowers grew in profusion, their petals reflecting off the water in a dazzling display of colour.

"This is it," Hiro breathed, his eyes shining with wonder. "The Unknown Spring." He knelt beside the spring, cupping his hands and taking a sip of the cool, refreshing water. It tasted like nothing he had ever tasted before, with a sweetness that lingered on his tongue.

Momo and Padma exchanged glances, hesitant to approach the spring at first. But as they watched Hiro drink from it, they felt a strange sense of peace wash over them. They kneel beside him, each taking a turn to taste the water for themselves. It was as if the spring were somehow cleansing their souls, washing away all their fears and doubts.

As they sat there, lost in the beauty of the spring and the serenity of the moment, they began to discuss what they had learned so far. They spoke of the legend of the Unknown Spring, and how it was said to grant wisdom and clarity to those who drank from it. 

They wondered if the stories were true, or if they were merely folklore designed to keep young adventurers like themselves from getting lost in the forest. "The flame lily should be here,"

Hiro said, pointing to a small clearing on the other side of the spring. "It only blooms once a year, and only when the Unknown Spring is found." Sure enough, in the center of the clearing, there was a single, exotic-looking flower growing out of the rich, loamy soil. Its petals were a deep red, with black spots that seemed to dance in the dim light.

Carefully, they made their way across the spring, their feet sinking into the soft, spongy ground

Carefully, they made their way across the spring, their feet sinking into the soft, spongy ground. As they drew closer to the flower, they could feel a sense of power emanating from it, as if it were drawing energy from the spring itself.

"It's beautiful," Momo whispered, her voice barely audible above the rustling of the leaves. "I've never seen anything like it."

Hiro nodded in agreement. "The flame lily is said to be the guardian of the Unknown Spring," he explained. "Its presence here confirms we have indeed found what Padma is looking for." He reached out to touch the delicate petals of the flower, but Padma put a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Wait," she said. "There's something else I should do first." She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, and began to chant in a language they didn't understand. Her voice was soft and musical, floating through the forest like a whisper in the wind. After a few moments, a faint glow began to emanate from her body, growing brighter and brighter until it surrounded her like a halo.

When the light faded away, she opened her eyes and turned to face them. Both were surprised at the Melusine. "Padma how did you do that I didn't know Melusine had powers," Momo asked. "We don't let's just say I'm different," she said.

"Now we can take the flame lily," she said, carefully plucking the flower from the ground. Padma smiled "I finally found it".  "Hold it right there"