Chapter 22

It was an afternoon at the Matsumoto household's front gate, the family were saying their goodbyes to Kimi and Yasuhiro as they were going back to Sumeru to continue their studies.

"We will miss you all terribly, but we know you'll be brilliant students," said Chika as she, Hiromi and Nanami embraced both of them. "Thank you I already gave you my graduation invitation so I can't for all of you to come to Sumeru," Kimi said. Hiro and Momo hugged their brother and cousin.

"Take care we will see you soon," Momo said. "Good luck with everything at the Akademiya," Hiro added. With one final wave, Kimi and Yasuhiro turned and got into the rickshaw that would take them to Ritou where their transportation boat would be. "Please take care of my grandkids," Hiromi said as she waved goodbye.

As they watched them leave, Both Nanami and Chika couldn't help but feel a mixture of pride and sadness. They knew their children were gonna do well in Sumeru, but they would miss their company.

They went back inside "Hiro headed to the machiya room Charlotte will be here any minute" Nanami ordered Hiro."Yes Mother" Hiro replied and headed to the machiya room.

Charlotte arrived at the Matusmoto household a few minutes later. "Good morning, Lady Nanami," she said with a polite bow. "It's a lovely day outside."

"Indeed it is," Nanami replied, returning the courtesy. "Hiro has a lot to discuss today, let us head to the machiya room"

 "Hiro has a lot to discuss today, let us head to the machiya room"

They head to the machiya room, where Hiro is waiting for Charlotte. "Good morning, Charlotte," Hiro said, bowing his head slightly. "Good morning, Lord Hiro," Charlotte replied, bowing back.

Nanami let them be alone. Once Charlotte was seated across from Hiro, "Before we start as promised I won't ask you anything that involves your private life including your engagement unless you want something to add in there" Charlotte told him. "It's all good Miss Charlotte," Hiro said

Charlotte took out her notebook and pen.

"Alright I'm just going ask questions about your ceremony, leadership and future goals," she said. Hiro nodded. "Very well," he replied. "I'll do my best to provide informative answers."

"First of all, how did you feel during your ceremony of becoming the new leader of the Matusmoto Clan?" Charlotte asked, already taking notes.

Hiro took a moment to gather his thoughts before answering. "It was a bit overwhelming at first, to be honest. I felt the weight of responsibility on my shoulders, knowing I'd be leading the clan into the future. But at the same time, I felt honoured and proud to be chosen for the role." He paused, looking contemplative. "There was also a sense of excitement, as I would have the opportunity to make a difference and leave my mark on our traditions."

Charlotte nodded, taking notes. "How do you plan on leading the clan in the coming years?" she asked.

Hiro sat up a little straighter, his expression becoming more determined. "I plan on continuing the traditions that have been passed down to us while also adapting to the changing times," he said. "Our clan has always been innovative and progressive, and I want to maintain that spirit."