Chapter 43

A few days later Hiro and Momo were at Ritou's docks waiting for a boat to arrive bringing an air carrier with them. They were there to meet the engineer that Hiro had contacted through a letter, a man by the name of Yvain Pierre.

 Yvian Pierre was a respected Fontaine engineer at the Fontaine Research Institute. The prospect of bringing a world-renowned Fontaine engineer to Inazuma was nothing short of thrilling.

As the boat carrying Yvian Pierre approached the dock, The boat docked, and a man with dark hair, dressed in his Institute suit, stepped out of the boat. "Hello Mr.Pierre," Hiro said with a smile, extending his hand. "I am Hiro, Leader of The Matusmoto Clan and this is my sister Momo" "Please to meet you," she said

Yvian Pierre shook their hands and bowed, his grip firm and confident. "It is a pleasure to meet you both," he said in his formal, educated tone. "I heard a lot about you in the steam bird article from my colleagues" He smiled warmly "And thank you very much for inviting me here. I am eager to see your beautiful nation and begin work on this project."

"No problem at all, I'm just doing a favour for the Yashiro Commission and I have your permit ready, I hope you brought the equipment with you, we brought an air carrier with us," Hiro said as the air carrier floated towards the boat. 

"Yes, I did, the lighting system is compact and easily transportable, and the sound system should be able to accommodate your needs." Yvian Pierre explained. "Wonderful, then let's begin," Hiro said, as he and Yvian went to the boat and loaded the equipment in the air carrier.

Once everything was loaded, they went to the rickshaws, one for Yvian and the other for Momo and Hiro, the air carrier followed them.

The ride through the streets and bridges of Ritou was an eye-opening experience for Yvian. He had never seen such a blend of Inazumen and international influences in architecture before.

A while later they made their way to Inazuma city, Yvain was fascinated by the city.

"This is amazing!" Yvian exclaimed, looking around at the bustling city. "The architecture here is unlike anything I've seen in Fontaine. It's a true testament to your culture."

Momo smiled, "Thank you we're proud of our city." They continued their tour of the city, showing Yvian the various landmarks and points of interest. He made note of the intricate carvings on the wooden buildings, the brightly coloured tapestries hanging from windowsills, and the ornate bronze lanterns that lined the streets.

They enter the entertainment district, "the district is mostly men who would come here to be entertained by geishas or be pleasured by courtesans and streetwalkers " Hiro said in disguise in mentioning those two words, Momo giggled. 

"Besides that, there is a tavern, some shops, a hotpot restaurant and private teahouses including a bigger one, wealthy nobles both men and women like to hold parties there, our family has been there many times before," she said.

"We're here," the driver said, The two rickshaws stopped in front of the Kamisato Theatre which is still being worked on.

"You made it," Ayaka said as she and the lead architect walked towards them. "Hello, Lady Ayaka it's nice see to you," Momo said as she got off her rickshaw. "And you must be Yvain Pierre, it's a pleasure to meet you," Ayaka said as she extended her hand for a handshake. 

Yvain Pierre took her hand, bowed and smiled, "Likewise, Lady Ayaka. It's an honor to finally meet you in person." "Hello, Mr.Pierre I'm the lead architect of the renovation of the Kamisato Theatre, it was my and the other architect's idea to bring Fontaine's technology to the Theatre".

"Well, I must say that I am quite impressed with the work that has been done so far," Yvain said, gazing up at the renovated facade. "The original mix with the new materials is quite striking. I can see that you have put a great deal of thought into this project." He glanced at the lead architect, who nodded modestly.

"The outside is looking good Lady Ayaka," Hiro said as he watched the engineers still working on the building. "Thank Lord Hiro we just started on the inside, I've had someone bring in the equipment please follow me"

They all went inside the lobby, which was under construction. The lead architect pointed out the various features of the new design, "We want to add the lights and the sounds around the whole building including the stage I hope you are fine with that Mr Pierre" Ayaka asked him. Yvain nodded in approval, "Yes, I believe that would greatly enhance the theatre's overall experience. Please, feel free to incorporate any of my recommendations as well."

Then they enter the theatre, which is in its initial stages of renovation. The lead architect led them down a narrow corridor, past a series of dressing rooms and storage areas. "We've already removed most of the old seats and are in the process of installing new ones that are more comfortable and spacious." The lead architect explained as they walked.

They finally reached the center of the auditorium, where the orchestra pit was located. "We're planning to keep the original stage, the lead architect explained. "We'll also be installing new carpets and drapes to match the new aesthetic."

As they walked around, Yvain noticed several workers busily at work. "The acoustics of the theatre will be greatly improved with the new design," the lead architect continued. "We've carefully selected materials that will enhance the sound quality while also providing a comfortable viewing experience for the audience."

"This is where we plan to install a new sound system that can be controlled from here." The lead architect pointed to a small booth near the back of the auditorium. "It will allow us to customize the acoustics for each performance, ensuring the best possible experience for our audience."

"And here," Ayaka continued, indicating a spot near the ceiling, "we'll be placing a series of small speakers that will project the sound across the entire space. We've carefully calculated the placement to minimize any unwanted resonances or echoes."

Ayaka rolled out the blueprint of the inside of the theatre and showed it to Yvain.

"Well, I must say that your attention to detail is quite impressive," Yvain said, studying the blueprints. "I can see that you've given careful consideration to every aspect of the theatre's renovation." He looked up at the lead architect. "I am confident that the Kamisato Theatre will be restored to its former glory under your guidance."

Ayaka smiled modestly and thanked Yvain for his kind words. "I'm glad you approve of our plans, Mr. Pierre".

"Indeed," Hiro interjected, joining the conversation. "Lady Ayaka and her team have been working tirelessly to ensure that the Kamisato Theatre not only returns to its former glory but also surpasses it in every way possible." He glanced at Yvain, awaiting his response.

Yvain nodded in agreement. "It's clear that you've put a great deal of thought into this project," he said to Ayaka. "I'm confident that the Kamisato Theatre will be an excellent addition to the cultural landscape of this city."

-

Notes

Kamisato Ayaka is owned by Hoyoverse