Chapter 27

The next day, Momo and Padma continued their work on a new potion. This time,  they were experimenting with a formula designed to improve concentration and mental clarity. As they gathered the herbs and prepared the ingredients.

Momo couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and purpose. She was learning so much from Padma, and she couldn't wait to see what else she would be able to accomplish.

As the mixture began to simmer, Padma leaned over Momo's shoulder and whispered, "Now, remember the Principle of the Philosopher's Stone. It's all about balance. Too much of any one ingredient could ruin the potion." Momo nodded, her brow furrowed in concentration. She stirred the potion carefully, watching the steam rise and curl around her face.

The scent of the herbs filled the air, reminding Momo of the hours she had spent tending to her garden. It was there, among the flowers and plants, that she had first discovered her affinity for alchemy.

She had always been fascinated by the way nature could be harnessed and transformed, and Padma's teachings had only deepened that fascination.

As the potion continued to simmer, Momo found herself lost in thought. She pictured herself using this potion to help students concentrate during their studies, or perhaps to aid her brother in his work as clan leader. The possibilities seemed endless, and she felt a thrill of excitement coursing through her veins.

Suddenly, the potion began to bubble violently, and Momo knew it was time to remove it from the heat. She carefully poured the contents into a small vial, making sure not to spill a drop. The steam rising from the vial carried with it the sweet, earthy scent of the herbs they had used.

"It looks like our mixture is complete," Padma said, her eyes gleaming with pride. "Now, let's test it on something small first." Padma retrieved a nearby rat from the lab's holding area, and Padma injected the potion into its ear. The rat twitched, its eyes glassy, before collapsing onto its side, unconscious.

"It seems to have worked," Momo breathed, her heart racing with excitement. "Now we just need to find someone willing to try it out." The melusine placed the rat back in its cage and began to discuss potential candidates.

Hours later as they continued their work,  Momo and Padma discovered that the concentration-boosting potion also had the unintended effect of improving the subject's mood. They began to experiment with different variations, hoping to isolate this effect and create a potion specifically designed to enhance happiness.

"Since we are done for the day Padma I need you to come with me," Momo said, "Alright" Padma  nodded and they both left the lair. They headed back to the outside of the hot springs.

"Please wait here," Momo said, "I have someone I want you to meet" Momo went inside the house to search for her brother, and she found him in the machiya room.

"Hiro I need you to come with me," Momo  said, her brother looked up from his work and smiled. "Of course what is it?" he replied, following her back outside.

Momo introduced Hiro to Padma, " A Melusine in Inazuma, that's not in common" Hiro said "It's nice to meet you, Padma?" "Hello there" Padma smiled "Padma has been training me in alchemy," Momo said

Hiro looked surprised and impressed. "Really, You have always had a knack for it, but I didn't think you would pursue it so seriously." Momo beamed with pride. "Well, Padma has been teaching me a lot and we've even created a new potion that could help people with their concentration and mood. We were hoping you could give it a try."

Hiro considered this for a moment before nodding. "Of course, I'd be happy to help. When can I give it a try?" Momo and Padma exchanged excited glances before explaining the details of the experiment. They would give Hiro the potion the night before a particularly important meeting with the other clan leaders.

The life of Matsumoto Momo (Genshin Impact OC fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें