Chapter 25

After training she went to the bathhouse, she was exhausted. She took her clothes off, had a quick wash, then stepped into the hot spring.

The water was warm, soothing her aching muscles. She leaned back against the smooth stones, feeling the heat penetrate her skin. As she closed her eyes, she could feel the tension draining away from her. She took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of the hot spring water, and exhaled slowly, letting go of the stress of the training.

She heard a noise, she opened her eyes, it came from the other side of the hot springs, she got up from her spot and swam to the other side. She was shocked at what she was seeing it looked like a creature "Hello" The creature turned around. Momo was about to scream.

"Wait don't scream I won't hurt you I'm friendly," the creature said, The water steam became clear.

Momo looked at the creature more clearly "Wait your a Melusine aren't you" she asked it.

"Yes I"m am," she said, a female bipedal creature of short stature, and almost faun-like in appearance. 

Imagine her with white and plum colour skin with the same patterns as this one, light blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, The picture is not mine

-

"I am sorry for intruding on your privacy, I was just passing by I'm Padma what's yours?" she asked politely. "I'm Momo, what are you here in Inazuma aren't you from Fontaine?"

The Melusine smiled, "Yes but I haven't been there in nearly two hundred  years"

"Why are you here?" Momo asked, curiosity getting the better of her. Padma sighed, "Looking for an ingredient, I'm an alchemist, and I need a specific flower it's very rare and only grows in Inazuma." She explained. "What kind of flower is it?" Momo asked. 

"It's called the 'Flame Lily', it's said to have healing properties and other rare things," Padma said. "A Flame Lily I think I heard that name before but I've never seen one," Momo said "Have you tried asking someone in Inazuma for help?" she asked Padma.

"I haven't talked to a human for a very long time not since my human master died until now".

"Your Master?" Momo asked her "Yes we're both from Fontaine, she an alchemist and I was her apprentice, she was the best alchemist in Fontaine, I want to be just like her.

"Long long ago there was a letter that was sent to us, it was from someone in Inazuma who said that my Master was the only one who could help them with their problem so we travelled here and helped them. After we helped them with their problem they gave us a place to stay and live in Inazuma to continue on our research." 

Padma explain. "And you haven't found any information about the flower?" Momo asks. "No, the last information I have about it was from my Master, she researched the lily and she said that it only grows here in Inazuma somewhere, that's all I know" Padma replied. "Oh I see," Momo said. 

"She passed away a hundred years ago?" Momo asked, a note of sadness in her voice. Padma nodded, "Yes, she did. But I still feel her presence here with me, guiding me. I'm sure she'd want me to continue her work, to find the Flame Lily and help those who need it."

The two sat in silence for a moment. "What if I can help you find it," Momo said. The Melusine looked at her with hope in her eyes. "Really? You'd help me?" she asked. Momo nodded, "Yes, I'll help you find it." They shook hands on it, their grip firm and determined. 

"Under one condition teach me about alchemy," Momo said, "I'm interested in it and I think it could help me in my training" Padma smiled "Of course, I would be glad to teach you. We can travel together and find the Flame Lily while I share with you all that I know about alchemy." 

"Thank you, Padma," Momo replied gratefully. "I know I can learn a lot from you. Together, we can find the Flame Lily" Padma smiled "I am not in a rush to find it, for now how about coming to my lair I want to teach you the basics first" Momo nodded "Sure how about tomorrow morning meet me outside of the bathhouse see you then" Momo said as she swims back to the other side of the hot springs. "See later Momo," The Melusine said as she waved goodbye.

Momo got out of the hot water put her night yakata on and went to her room, she lay on her futon and thought about tomorrow, she couldn't wait to learn about alchemy from Padma. 

-

Note 

The Melusines are owned by Hoyoverse, Padma is an OC Melusine her name means Lotus Flower