Chapter 95 : Birthday Blues

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

* * *

"Heather... Angel..." I breathed shakily and chuckled nervously, shaking my head.

I can't even get a damn word out.

"Fucking hell, you make me so nervous." I told her when she laughed softly, wiping a stray tear from her eye as I cleared my throat, looking into her shining eyes.

"For a long time, you thought we'd met the day you interrupted my speech." I said and she smiled.

"But I'd known you for longer. Far longer. I never thought I'd see again the little girl I fell in love with the moment I saw her in the forest. It was like a dream come true, to see you again... Even if you were someone else's, until you weren't. Because you were always meant to be mine, angel, always." I said.

"I don't care if I don't deserve you, because I know I don't. But who gives a fuck, because you're mine, and that's the only thing I know. And if anyone dare say otherwise, we both know what will happen to them." I told her and she chuckled, sniffling lightly.

"I got this ring for you the morning after you said yes to me. To us. To our future. I'm sorry it took me so long to propose properly, but here we are now and I can only say that in the end, it was all worth it, because it brought us to each other." I said as gently as I could and saw her bottom lip quiver.

Fuck.

"I don't want to see you cry. Ever. I want to be the reason you smile. The reason you laugh. The main character of your story, the keeper of your heart, and your body and soul. I want it to be me, and no one else." I said with conviction.

"I've never met anyone so... breathtakingly you. You make me whole, you make me complete. You make life actually worth living, you make me think about a future for us. You make me smile, you make me smile, you are my weakness, and as much as that scares the ever living shit out of me, I fucking love it, mio angelo." I breathed out and she choked on a sob.

"I love you, Heather, and even though I already have you, I want you to be mine in every way possible. Marry me, Heather, and make me the luckiest man alive." I said with a deep breath when she sniffled and leaned down towards me, framing my face in her hands and touching her forehead wth mine.

"I adore you." She whispered, and I remembered she had same the same thing when I told her I loved her and she couldn't say it back then.

"Say yes to us." I whispered, running my thumb across her cheek to wipe her tears when she smiled and nodded slowly.

"Yes, Roman, yes. A million times, yes!" She laughed and so did I as I slid the diamond ring on her vacant ring finger where my name had been tattooed and my heart swelled at the thought.

"All fucking mine." I murmured, kissing the ring on her finger when we stood up before sliding my hand towards the back of her neck and tipping her head up. Her lips parted as she looked at me with eyes filled with so much desire and love.

"Kiss me, Roman. My lipstick was always for you to ruin anyway." She whispered and didn't have to say twice before my lips landed on hers. 

What started off as slow and sweet become rough and passionate in a matter of seconds, her hands running through my hair and a moan leaving her beautiful lips when I squeezed her ass, moving my tongue along with hers before taking over.

The taste of her was something I could never get tired of, and if I died of kissing her right now, I'd die a satisfied and happy man.

Pulling away, I touched my forehead to hers as she breathed heavily, her eyes closed and her left hand sliding down my chest. My eyes caght on to the glimmering engagement ring and a proud smirk made it's way to my face.