Chapter 91 : Flashbacks

- H E A T H E R - E L I A S -

Who knew sitting in a beautiful garden with nothing but blue skies and green grass all around would only make me sigh in sadness. 

But why am I even sad?

It's so pretty here, as I lay on the grass and looked at the beautiful bright blue sky and the puffs of white clouds floating by leisurely when I heard something snap from beside me and sat up hastily.

"Who's there?" I looked around, and as far as I remembered, I didn't know how long or why I was here, but I wasn't complaining. Except for a slight pain in my chest that appeared every now and then, as if somthing was missing. Or perhaps, someone.

"Thea." I heard a soft and warm feminine voice, the hair on the back of my neck rising because I knew exactly who it was. 

"Mom." I whispered, turning my head slightly and gaping at the beautiful woman who sat gingerly next to me and ran her hands over some wildflowers sprouting from somewhere in the ground, taking a deep breath in, her long dark brown har falling in soft waves down her back.

"You're... here... how?" I questioned in utter shock and confusion, when she looked towards me, her bright hazel eyes gleaming as she smiled warmly at me and suddenly I remmebered how much I'd missed her as I hugged her.

She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my head, rubbing my back up and down as I sigh into her embrace.

"I've missed you so much, mom." I whispered and pulled away to look at her.

"I know baby, so have I." She said and I smiled, laying my head in her lap while she combed her fingers through my hair.

"Why did you have to leave so soon? Dad was devastated. We were devasatated." I told her and she smiled sadly.

"I know, my darling, but everyone has to go someday. You must learn to move on someday or the other. It's part of life, as unfair as it might seem." She said and I sigh.

"You were too young to loose a mother, and in the way that you did." She spoke with sadness lacing her tone and I pursed my lips.

"I don't want to remember that." I whispered in a shaky voice when she nodded once.

"I know, which is why you must move on." She tells me and I sat up in confusion.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked her and she smiled, cupping my cheek.

"You have to look forward, Thea. Look towards the future instead of the past. Keep the good memories always with you but carry them forward with you." She told me and I gulped.

"I've been through so much... I'm so tired now." I said, exhuasted, and she nodded in understanding.

"I know, baby, you didn't deserve any of that. You deserve the world and so much more, but I'm still so proud of you, and of the woman you've become. You're so strong, and I'm proud of you, baby. So proud, you have no idea." She told me with glistening eyes matching mine when I smiled.

"Now tell me all about everyone." She said excitedly and I smiled, laying back down on her lap and telling her about Anton, Ana, their expected baby, Alex, dad, my uncle and aunts and cousins as well as Ivan. 

We talked for what seemed like hours until the sun was setting and I couldn't wipe the big smile off from my face.

"And what about Roman?" She suddenly asked me as we were sitting side by side and I froze.

"Roman?" I whispered, tracing the edge of the grass with my finger before I looked up at her confused but she just smiled at me. As if on cue, I felt a sharp pain shoot through my chest and rest of my body, making me hunch over in pain as I whimpered softly, clutching my chest.