Chapter 79 : Last Man Standing

"And you're certain he's not

"And you're certain he's not... you know?" Jane's voice drifted through the speaker on my phone as I poured the batter in the frying pan.

"No. He's not." I squinted my eyes, concentrating on the task at hand.

"He asked me some things, last night." I said after a moment.

"You mean after he fucked you like a starved man?" She snorted and I felt my face flush, remembering last night's activities and then how he woke me up at dawn to fuck me again before he went out for his run.

"Yup." I smiled a bit, flipping the pancake and waiting for it to cook completely.

"Alright, what'd he say? Spill." She urged and I laughed a bit.

"He— How do I say this? So we met his sister— who is a sweetheart, by the way— and she casually asked him when we two were getting married and then—"

"Holy shit, what'd he say? I feel like I'm going to squeal." Her impatient voice sounded through the speaker and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Anyway, he just went on and said, soon. Like what the hell does that mean?" I said, frustrated. And like Jane said, she squealed, very loudly.

"He did not! And what happened after that?" She practically yelled and I winced at how loud she was.

"When everyone left, he asked me if I ever wanted kids and I said yes, maybe in the future sometime and then he just goes 'hopefully mine'." I tell her and she squealed again.

My god.

"Oh my gawd, girl. He is head over heels for you, not that he wasn't before, but you know what I mean. That man is obsessed with you, darling." She said in a southern accent while I laughed.

"I mean, I can already picture it, you in a beautiful white dress, and me as the maid of honour, obviously—" We both chuckled at that.

"And Enzo is going to be his best man and Roman looking in a black tux fulfilling his role as 'tall, dark and handsome' while you walk down the aisle and he stares at you with so much love in his eyes that you explode!" She sighed dreamily while the smile on my face lingered.

"Yeah... I can really picture it." I sighed.

"Picture what?" A deep voice from behind me scared me out of my skin and I nearly dropped the pan but he caught both just in time.

"Whoops, looks like this is my cue to go—"

"Hello, Jane." Roman said, looking at me intently and I gulped.

"Oh uh... Hello. We were just talking about, ya' know, weddings and stuff." She said and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Shit.

"Oh? What about weddings and stuff?" He asked with a raised brow, his fingers digging into my waist as he turned off the stove and put the pan aside easily.