Chapter 90 : The Plan

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

- A  F E W  H O U R S  A G O -

"I'm going to my office to take care of some last minute details." I told the Elias brothers who nodded absent minded as they strapped themselves with weapons and I shared a knowing look with Gabriel and Enzo before going upstairs into my office.

We were at the safehouse in Milan, taking care of some small details when I closed the door behind me, rushing to call the one person I could trust for help.

"Roman, my son, I heard about everything." I heard Alvaro's voice and rubbed my temple, looking out the window and taking a deep breath.

"I need your help." I said and without missing a beat, he answered.

"Anything for you, tell me what you need." He said and that's how I spent the next half an hour explaining everything to him, getting more men and weapons as backup because I aready had a lot but he insisted on giving me more.

We discussed our plan and what we were to do and how we were going to go about everything. I knew for a fact that although the plan the Russians and I had made was good, it was not the best. 

"He's a smart man, he might catch on." Alvaro said and I huffed a breath.

"Which is why you make the call now." He urged and I hummed.

"I will. Thank you for your help." I said, meaning every word and knew he was smiling.

"Don't mention it, son. Here, your mother wants to talk to you." He said and handed over the phne to my mother.

"Roman? What happened my darling, is everything okay? Is Heather alight?" Her concern made me choke up and I took a shuddery breath in.

"I'm okay, mamma. And we're going to save Heather. I'll get her back, and I'll end all of this, I promise you." I said with conviction when she sniffled.

"The poor girl has already been through so much. Save her Roman, and never let her go. And stay safe, please." She pleaded.

"Don't worry mamma, Ferruccio won't be alive for much longer. That is my promise to you." I said in a low voice and said goodbye to her just as Anton entered the office, looking worried.

"Everything done?" He asked and I looked at him for a few moments before nodding when the door opened again and Enzo looked at us.

"It's time." He said and we both gave each other a knowing look before heading out, getting into our cars and heading for the horrid place I used to once call home.

- P R E S E N T  T I M E -

"Stay with me, angel, don't leave me, please." I begged and begged her all the way to the hospital where Anton carred her in and laid her on a stretcher when the doctors and nurses rushed towards us when they saw me, wheeling towards the operating room immediately.

"Mr. Angelo, you can't go inside." A doctor stepped in font of me, paling when he saw my deadly expression.

"What do you mean I can't go in there? My girl is inside!" I shouted and he flinched, backing away from me.

"Roman." Anton pulled me back by my arm before I could shoot the doctor right there.

"Sit the fuck down." He snapped at me and I swore loudly as pain shot through my leg and Gabriel instantly came towards me, helping me lean on him.

"Cazzo, you're loosing a lot of blood, you need to get this operated." He said and I grunted.

"I'm fine." I snapped and Anton glared at me.