Chapter 89 : The Traitor

"Angel." It was as if a weight had been lifted off my chest when my eyes met emerald green ones, softening as they gazed at me.

He was here. 

He was finally here.

"Roman." I whispered, not believing my eyes as I tried to get up from the floor but failed to do so due to the bruises on my body and hissed in pain.

I watched him walk towards me slowly as his eyes ran over my frame as if assessing me before his eyes drifted off to Ferruccio's now shot and bleeding hand.

"Fucker." Ferruccio cursed his son but he only smirked as he grabbed my arm and helped me stand up and I collided into his chest, holding onto him for dear life as tears springed to my eyes.

But something was wrong as Ferruccio stood straighter, wrapping a torn cloth around his shot hand and glared at his son.

"Took you long enough, never thought you'd call me again." He muttered and I frowned, looking between the two men.

"Where are the Russians?" He asked Roman who gestured to outside with his head, his arm wrapped firm around my waist and his hand resting on my back, holding me to him.

"What's happening?" I asked in confusion when both men looked at me, Ferruccio's lip curling in a mischevious smirk.

"What's happening you ask?" He paused, looking at Roman meaningfully and grinning maliciously.

"Roman, what's happening?" I looked up at said man whose jaw was clenched as he looked at his father before holding my chin and scanning my face.

"I thought I told you not to touch her." He said, briefly casting his father a glance who shrugged in response.

"Couldn't help it, you've got one hell of a woman, son." He said and I could've sworn I saw a muscle tick in Roman's jaw when Ferruccio said that and called him his 'son'.

"We had a deal." Roman said in a bored tone and I frowned, my blood growing colder with each second as I pushed at his chest slightly and took a step back from him.

Deal? 

What the hell is going on here?

"Roman, what the hell is going on?" I raised my voice a bit, obviously scared when he looked at me, a slow and malicious sneer takng over his face.

"What was always supposed to happen, angel." He snarled at me and I stood there taken aback when he grabbed my arm forcefully and dragged me out of the room.

"Let me go! What are you doing?" I shouted, trying to free myself of his grip but he was really strong and tugged me towards him.

"You better shut your trap or I'll put a bullet in your head." He sneered at me while I gaped at him in shock and pushed him away from me.

"What is wrong with you?" I yelled in confusion when he smirked, nearing me but I backed away in fear at the deadly expression on his face.

"Rome, please—" I couldn't even complete what I was going to say when he cut me off.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm sick and tired of you." He spat and I tried to say somethng, but nothing came out of my mouth as I looked at him utterly and completely shocked.

"You thought I'd actually help you?" He barked out a laugh and looked at me as if I was an idiot, because I sure felt like one right now.

"You forgot something, little angel." He grabbed my arm again, more harshly this time and I whimpered, cowering under his fierce gaze.