Chapter 39 : A. Solonik Elias

My fingers itched to reach out for the paper and inspect it carefully

My fingers itched to reach out for the paper and inspect it carefully. But as my hand was halfway there I heard the office door open and immediately retracted my hand, and faced the person who came inside.

"Thea? What are you doing here?" Alex asked eyeing me carefully.

"Oh I uh, came looking for you... And I needed my phone." I raised my phone to show him and he nodded slowly, walking over behind the desk as he quickly collected the papers and place them neatly in a file before putting it in a shelf.

Not suspicious at all brother.

"Alex?" I asked him as his back faced me, making him hum in response.

"Since when did you start signing your name as 'A. Solonik Elias'? I thought you always wrote 'A. Elias'." I asked him, making him stop momentarily as he turned to face me, narrowing his eyes just a bit.

"Yeah I started writing it after Ivan came here. I'm supposed to write my full name apparently on deals that regard.. well, you know." He said, making me nod slowly.

Right.

"Okay um.. dad was calling you down since we were leaving." I said, making him nod as he put his phone and wallet in his pocket and grabbed his keys.

"Sure thing. Lets go." He said placing a hand on my back as he steered me out of the office with him behind me and closed the door, my eyes going towards the file he just placed in his shelf one last time before the door was fully shut and the click of a lock was heard.

"Come on." His voice drew me out of my thoughts as he took my arm and both of us walked downstairs, joining everyone.

"Now that everyone's here, let's get going. Don't want to keep the party waiting." Uncle Karl said clapping Alex's shoulder and making me frown slightly.

"Party?" I asked my cousins who shrugged lightly and walked outside. I followed them and sat with Zephyr since all the other cars were full. Alex knocked lightly on Zeph's window and he rolled it down.

"Straight to the restaurant, no detours Zeph." He warned him, making Zeph roll his eyes as Alex's eyes flicked to me.

"We have some guests there too Thea. Will you be okay?" He asked me concerned and I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I assured him and he nodded once and walked away to his own car with Ivan. Zephyr's car was the first to drive off as we left the others behind, speeding down the roads.

"Woah there tiger, slow down." I said clutching my seatbelt.

"Oh so you can race but I can't?" He asked me raising an eyebrow.

"I only took part in two races before Alex found out, Zeph." I said, making him scoff.

"As if that stopped you from randomly speeding everyday." He said, making my eyes widen.