Chapter 6 : Princess

"And why are you telling me all this now?" Jane questioned me accusingly as we walked towards our next class

I had just narrated the events of yesterday to her and she had quite a good laugh when I told her how Roman showed at my doorstep and witnessed Alex's and I's cat fight.

"Because, I caught up with my family after a long time and slept after because I was really tired and she nodded in understanding.

"Alright. This is me. I'll see at 12 in the cafeteria yeah?" She asked me.

"Yup. See you then." I waved at her and made my way to my next class. The day went by in a blur and I could've sworn people were staring at me weirdly when I went to the cafeteria. 

What's their problem?

I spotted Jane almost immediately and saw her talking with Matt and another new guy I hadn't seen before. 

I grabbed a brownie an sandwich and made my way over to them. Jane smiled when she saw me and the new guy looked at me as well and smiled.

He was really handsome, with light brown hair and dark brown eyes, and a charming smile. 

"Hey guys." I said sitting down next to the new guy.

"Hiya Thea, everything good?" Matt asked me and I nodded, unwrapping my sandwich.

"Thea, this is Dean. He's new here." Jane introduced me to the guy named Dean and I turned to him smiling and stretched my hand out to him.

"Hi Dean, it's nice to meet you. I'm Heather Elias." I said and he took my hand, shaking it and smiling widely.

"Nice to meet you too Heather, I'm Dean Logan." He said in a British accent and I raised my eyebrows.

"You're British?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yes, I moved here a while ago from England." He said and I nodded.

"So what's your major?" I asked him.

"Business. My father's a businessman so I'll be taking over for him soon." He explained.

"That's cool. Do you like it? Business, I mean?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do surprisingly. Speaking of, what's your major?" He asked.

"Design. Interior designing." I said and he frowned.

"So you're not doing business? I mean you're an Elias so I figured you would." He said but I chuckled.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. I have studied business but designing is my passion so I leave the business to my brother. I do take some business classes though." I said and he nodded. We slipped into conversation easily and got to know each other quite well.

He was an only child and was supposed to take over his father's company after college. I knew a bit about his company because of Alex. Overall, he was a very sweet and nice person, easy to get along with.