Chapter 86 : Captive

"I'm right here, don't lose hope, angel." His voice was like a sweet murmur and a soft melody to my ears as I searched blindly for him.

"But it's over." I whispered back into the darkness.

"It's never over. We just started. Our life together just started..." He tells me and I faintly see his hand reaching for my face, blurry and vague.

"Wake up, angel." I hear him say and nuzzle my face into his palm.

"Wake up." I hear someone say and my eyes shoot open, blinking rapidly to adjust to the bright light of my surroundings before looking at a plain room, peach coloured walls, big windows and larger curtains, dainty white furniture and a familiar figure.

"Igor?" I rasp and try to sit up, clutching the side of my neck with a wince.

"Careful, you were drugged." He says calmly and I frown, sitting up properly and looking around my surroundings.

"Where am I?" I ask when another voice speaks from somewhere.

"My house." I look towards another familiar figure sitting leisurely on the couch with one leg crossed over the other, his cold brown eyes scrutinising me.

Wait a damn minute.

"What the hell? Are you two working together?" I ask in complete and utter disbelief and when neither of them answer, it confirms my suspicions.

"How could you?" I turn to Igor, my voice cracking at the end.

"How could I?" He walks towards me and I back up.

"He killed my mother." I said and he looked away.

"I know." He said and my heart dropped.

"You knew." I stated in disbelief when he nodded once and I scoffed.

"And you claimed to love me." I said with a laugh, tugging slightly at my hair in shock.

What the actual hell?

"I do love you." He said, his eyebrows furrowing when I crossed my arms over my chest in fury.

Oh for fuck's sake.

"And yet, you're here with the enemy." I sneered and he took a threatening step towards me but I didn't back away this time, I stared head on into his stubborn eyes.

He won't hurt me.

"What about you, huh? Let's not forget the fact that you've been sleeping with the son of the man who murdered your mother in cold blood. Does that not matter?" He said wth a venomous tone.

"It wasn't his fault. It was his father's." I gitted out with clenched teeth when Igor crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

"It's not my fault either, sweetheart. We're even." He threw back and I fisted the blanket on me, not once looking away.

"As fun as this little lover's quarrel has been, I'd like to move on now." Ferruccio Angelo stood up from his place, fixing his dark blazer and walked a few steps towards me.

"If I may have some privacy." He looked towards Igor who nodded once and my eyes widened. As much as I hated Igor, I wasn't scared of him. 

I wasn't scared of Ferruccio either, but he had done something a seven year old was not supposed to go through or see. I would rather be alone with my psychotic ex than this psychotic serial murderer who also happened to be my fiance's dearest father.

"You do anything stupid, old man—" Igor warned and Ferruccio chuckled, shaking his head.

"You don't have to worry about me stepping out of line—" He looked towards me and smirked.