Chapter 66 : Runaway

"So what did you really want to talk about?" I asked when the man walking beside me smirked faintly

"I came to see the place I owned was being run well. And to see the girl my son is so infatuated with." He said and I stopped in my tracks with a slight frown.

Ignoring his remark, I smiled as politely as I could and shrugged.

"Are you satisfied with the college then?" I asked and saw his brief nod.

"It's being run well. Tell me." He walked towards me, stopping a few feet away and scanned me with his cold brown eyes.

"Do you love my son as much as he loves you?" He asked and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"I-I'm sorry?" I asked stuttering when he smirked.

"Never mind that. How did last night's meeting go with whoever it was you all were meeting with?" He asked when I cocked my head to a side.

"The meeting?" 

"Yes. You were the sniper, correct?"

"How do you know that?" I squinted my eyes at him and heard his breathy chuckle.

"The meeting was at my son's house, who is currently the don of the Italian Mafia. And I, am his father, and the previous don. Why wouldn't I know?" He stated matter of factly and I nodded slowly.

"Yes, of course. I'm not sure how it went though since I wasn't exactly in it?" I stated confused and saw him nod.

"Of course. Although I heard there were some... misunderstandings?" He asked curiously, making me frown.

"Who is Igor Malev to you, child?" He asked and I froze in place, glancing around nervously.

"Someone in my past I do not wish to discuss." I said after clearing my throat.

"Right. You know, I think I know why my son might be so infatuated with you." He said as we started walking once again and I turned to him.

"Both of you have had quite the... troublesome... past. Am I wrong?" He raised a brow at me when I shrugged.

"Both of you seemed to have faced a tragedy with your mothers at a very young age. Although I assume yours was much, much worse, seeming as you were kept alive as 'mercy'." He said nonchalantly and I felt my blood freeze at his words.

"How do you know about my mother?" I asked hesitant, and a little cautious too.

This man definitely knew a lot more than he was letting on.

"Everyone knows about your mother and what happened with you. It's no secret." He stated as we continued to walk forward.

"What happened to Roman's mother, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked a little hesitantly when he sighed.