Chapter 14 : The Dress

At exactly 5 p

At exactly 5 p.m., a knock was heard on my door and I told the other person to come in. I was laying on my stomach on my bed, scrolling through social media aimlessly since I had nothing else to do.

"Ms. Elias, this came for you." A maid came with a large black box in her hand, making me frown.

"Who is it from?" I asked her.

"The driver who dropped this instructed us to give it to you because you would know." She said and I got up, walking over to where she kept the box on the table. 

I carefully opened it, peeking slowly to make sure it wasn't somebody's head. Just kidding.

I gasped when I saw the silky fabric and removed the cover completely.

"Oh my. Who's it from miss?" The maid gushed and put a hand on her heart.

"I don't know." I whispered, admiring the beautiful dress when a small black card attached to a red rose caught my attention. I pulled it out from the box and turned it over, my eyes widening as I read it.

"Wear this for me Bellissima. - R.A" 

"What the hell?" I whispered different emotions swirling inside me, but the butterflies in my stomach overpowered them all as I smelled the fresh rose.

"Are you going to get ready now miss? There's only two hours left." She said and I nodded.

"Yes, please draw my bath, and add the rose scent." I said and she nodded, heading over to the bathroom while I stared off into space.

Should I wear this? Or not? I should call Jane.

And with that thought, I quickly dialed Jane's number.

"Hey Thea, everything okay?" She asked me and I wasted no time in telling her about my current situation.

"Well do you think it was a mistake?" She asked me and I thought for a moment, biting my lip when I remembered our kiss.

"I-I don't know. Alex clearly told me he wasn't a good guy and I know this for a fact too." I said and heard Jane's sigh.

"But?" She asked me and I bit my lip again.

"But it was so freakin' good!" I blurted out and heard Jane laugh from the other side.

"Well then, you've got your answer. The heart wants what it wants and right now, you want him. And I have a feeling he wants you too." She said and I sighed, heading inside the bathroom.

"Okay well I have to get ready now. I'll call you later, yeah?" I said.

"Yeah, tell me everything when you come back home. Or if you do at all." She said and I snorted.

"As if that'll happen." I said stripping out of my clothes.

"You never know. Anyways, my break's over, but you have fun yeah?" She said as I lowered myself into the water.