Chapter 28 : Him, Daddy.

"Dad I'm fine, really, it's not like I was poisoned or something

"Dad I'm fine, really, it's not like I was poisoned or something." I said with as much of a straight face as I could to reassure my dad who was now scanning me head to toe for any serious injuries.

I did get poisoned though.

"How many times do I have to tell you to eat breakfast properly before you leave and to get a proper sleep." He said embracing me and I hugged him back, relishing in the feeling of his warm embrace that comforted me greatly.

"I know dad. I'll be careful next time, I promise." I said while he rubbed my back.

"Good." He said and pulled away just as I looked behind him at Alex's and Ivan's faces, trying to stifle their laughter.

Idiots.

"Now go on to your room." Dad said sternly and I saluted him.

"Sir, yes sir." I said and he chuckled as I made my way upstairs, but Alex's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Thea. We have to talk to you. Come to my office first. Dad, you too." He said looking at us both and I frowned.

"About?" I asked him.

"Go to the office." He said sternly and I rolled my eyes before moving up, turning right into the dimly lit hallway and opened the door to the farthest room down the corridor.

I sat in one of the plush chairs and sank in, unlocking my phone and scrolling through social media aimlessly.

"Now." Alex's voice brought me back to reality as he came in followed by Ivan and dad.

"Congratulations on your engagement, son." Dad clapped Ivan's shoulder and I pursed my lips, trying to stifle my laughter as Ivan acknowledged him awkwardly.

This should be fun.

"Yes uh.. thank you." He replied and gave Alex a side look quickly.

"Right, that's what we want to discuss with you dad." Alex said and dad smiled warmly.

"Of course, who's the lucky girl?" He asked eagerly and Ivan shit me a sharp look when I snorted out loud.

"Lucky, as if." I started laughing and slapped my thigh, trying to catch my breath as I started to wheeze after laughing so much.

"Please don't die on me right now kotenok, I can't afford to find another fiancé." Ivan gritted out and dad frowned.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked confused and I laughed even harder as Alex and Ivan frowned at me.

"Oh god, this is going to be so much fun." I said in between deep breaths and dad looked at me perplexed as I held up my left hand, that was now decorated with a rather large diamond on my ring finger, that Ivan had shoved on my finger mercilessly on the way back from the hospital.