Chapter 10 : Own Me

- H E A T H E R - E L I A S -

* * *

"I'm having the fries and brownie. You?" I asked Dean who looked over at the food before picking up a barbecue sandwich and a mango juice.

"This is good." He said and we both walked over to our table and sat down, immediately moving into Jane and Matt's conversation.

"So did your brother agree?" Matt asked me when I had related the whole 'project' Roman had shared with me.

"Yeah. It was hard and he was skeptical at first but I convinced him. He's still skeptical but agreed nonetheless." I told them and just then the cafeteria's atmosphere shifted as I felt a kiss on the top of my head.

I smiled turning around to Alex's face, and gave him a fry.

"Thanks. Everything good?" He asked me taking the fry and I nodded.

"Is the meeting over? How'd it go?" I asked him.

"It went well. Hey I have to leave because I have a few meetings in an hour, but I'll see you tonight, yeah?" He said and I nodded.

"Alright. See you tonight. Bye." I said waving at him and he kissed my forehead, then turned to Dean.

"Take care of her." He said and I swatted his arm playfully.

"Will do." Dean replied and we looked at Alex's retreating figure.

"Your brother's cool. He cares a lot for you." Dean said and I nodded, munching my fries.

"Yeah he's always been like that." I said and we ate in silence until I felt a sudden tension in the air and everyone looked at me and the hand that was now placed on my shoulder, sending jolts of electricity through my body.

I looked at Jane who stared at me wide eyed, so I turned my head a bit to take a look at the hand.

Tattooed fingers, expensive watch and silver rings.

"Roman." I breathed out and felt his figure move behind me as the chair beside me was pulled out of its place and the hand on my shoulder was removed.

He pulled the chair incredibly close to mine and sat down on it, placing his leg over the other and leaning back, relaxing like he owned the place.

He did actually own it.

"Heather." He regarded me and his eyes went over my body slowly, his heated gaze burning holes in my clothes and making me hot and bothered.

His eyes came back to mine and he must have noticed the blush on my face because I saw the corner of his lips lift ever so slightly.

His gaze moved to the food in front of me and I figured he must he be hungry. I picked up a fry and offered it to him.