Chapter 32 : Mio Angelo

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

* * *

Beautiful, gorgeous, so fucking amazing.

Words aren't enough to describe her as she watches the people staring at her intently, probably assessing them. Although she does her best to hide her emotions, I can see it in her eyes.

Anxiety, nervousness, worry.

It swims within those blue pools and all I want to do is tell her she'll be fine.

She looks absolutely ethereal in that dress, just like an angel.

My angel.

I watch her as she glides across the hall effortlessly, her fake smile in place telling me this is the last place she'd want to be. Why? I have no idea. 

But then my eyes fall on the man next to her, her supposed fiancé and reality comes crashing down as I clench my jaw tightly.

She's getting married to him. She's already taken.

But that won't stop me from approaching her because if I know one thing, she wants me as much as I want her and its driving both of us fucking crazy. And I'm sure there's something off between the the couple. I just know it.

When the announcements are made and he slides the ring onto her finger, all I feel is burning anger as my grip on the glass in my hand tightens dangerously, making me want to grab her and take her away from here.

"Stop glaring at the guy." Gabriel's voice brings me out of my torture fantasies as I glance at him briefly, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask him lazily, downing my drink in one go.

"Already whipped." He mutters chuckling, making me throw a glare towards him which would make any person shit their pants, but it doesn't affect him as much, unfortunately.

A while later I notice her walking towards me with her head down, arm linked with Ivan's as they make our way towards us. 

Shaking hands with them, I make my way over to her, holding out my hand and watch her hesitate for a split second before she grasps it, her soft skin making goose bumps rise on my arms.

It's amazing how one simple touch from her makes me want so much more, and how she effects me.

I'm taken out of my haze when she pulls away suddenly, a tinge of pink coating her cheeks as Ivan drags her away for a dance, emphasizing the fact that she was his fiancé.

Son of a bitch.

I watch them dance, although Ivan seems rather distracted as his eyes connect with mine, his jaw clenches as I walk over to the couple slowly. 

I notice Heather turning her head to follow his gaze but he spins her away, letting go of her hand as she collides with none other than me.

"After everything, you come back to me." I say to her as I start moving to the music, my hand settling on her waist, pulling her closer to me.