Chapter 46 : Trust Him

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

* * *

I look at her with my arms around her waist, her eyes far away from me although she stands so close and I know her mind has wandered off again.

"Heather?" I call out to her and notice her snap back to reality and flash me a small smile while I scan her features as if it's the last time I'm looking at her.

Her smile, like a thousand splendid suns, so magnificent, bright and beautiful. Her eyes, like the ocean that shine brighter than any sky. 

They remind me of the moon - scarred and perfect, and like puzzles to me. The more I look at them the more I get lost.

They were full of more emotions than you could imagine. A canvas of chaos. Her hair, like a dark blanket cascading down her shoulders and back, framing her flawless skin. 

She's like an angel. Absolutely ethereal and so fucking beautiful, words can't simply describe her.

She was everything anyone could ever want, everything you longed for. A craving. An addiction. Like an antidote to my pain and suffering. 

The light to my darkness. And when she laughs, it echoes around me and lights up my day. She is the epitome of beauty. An angel.

My angel.

And just like that, my mind drifts off to last night when I put her to sleep. I had what you call a 'chat' with her brother who rose from the dead. Literally.

*Flashback to last night*

"Why are you here?" He asks me while I roll the cigarette between my fingers that are itching to touch her silky soft skin but instead, I'm stuck here.

"I could ask you the same." I replied lazily as I took a puff of smoke.

"I'm her brother."

"Dead brother." I correct, making him purse his lips in annoyance.

"I was never dead." He answered leaning back on the couch across me while I eye him carefully.

"Why have you returned then?" I ask him, catching him off guard as he rolls his tongue in his mouth against his cheek.

"Because her life is in danger." He replied, making me frown slightly before I masked it with an expressionless face.

"How so?" I ask him as he takes a cigarette out of his pocket and lights it up as well.

"Someone from her past."

"Who?" I press on, hoping to get some answers.

"No one of your concern. Why do you care anyway?" He asked me as I shrugged.