Chapter 71 : Come Back To Me

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

More than a fucking month had passed.

And to say I was hurting would be an understatement.

"And who are we sending to Russia this year?" Enzo asked leaning towards me from the other side of my table when I sighed, running a hand across my jaw as I looked at my phone.

"Rosario. Send him, he's free anyway." I said and put my phone onto the table just as my office door opened and Gabriel stepped in.

"Anton wants to talk." He said placing a file in front of me when I raised an eyebrow in question as I picked the file up.

"What's this?" I asked flipping through the pages randomly and frowning when I saw most of my father's men and information on them.

"These are all the men who worked with your father twelve years ago." He said as my jaw clenched at the thought.

Fuckers.

"All of them?" I asked lowly and he nodded as I threw the file back onto the table and sighed heavily.

"I'll check it out. Inform Rosario." I gestured to Enzo who nodded.

"Your father also wants to speak with you." Gabriel said after a few moments of tense silence as my grip on the pen in my hand grew tenfold.

"What does that fucker want now?" I gritted out.

"Don't know. Apparently he wants to remind you of 'loyalty' and 'knowing where and with who it lies'." Gabriel said rolling his eyes.

"Like he knows what it means. Does he now remember he has a son? Or a dead wife whom, by the way, was taken away in front of him?" I gritted out just as said fucker walked in leisurely.

"Yes, I do remember my son, who threatens to hand me over to the Bratva just because I hurt his little girl's heart." He mocked me in a whiny voice as I slammed my fist on the table.

"Do not speak of my woman that way or I will end you without another thought." I warned him lowly when he smirked.

"Your woman? Well then, tell me, son, where is she? Does she even love you?" He asked me raising his voice, hitting right where he knew it hurt as my demeanor faltered.

She did.

"She loves me more than you ever could." I growled when he chuckled.

"Oh really? So that's why she's next to you? Huh? Pensi che vorrà davvero stare con te adesso?" (Do you think she'll really want to be with you now?) He asked me as I glared at him harder.

"Avrebbe mai amato l'uomo il cui padre ha ucciso sua madre? Ha rovinato la sua piccola vita perfetta? Ti ama così tanto?" (Would she ever love the man whose father killed her mother? Ruined her perfect little life? Does she love you that much?) He asked stepping closer.