Chapter 24 : Marry Him

- H E A T H E R - E L I A S -

* * *

I don't know why, but I woke up today with a smile on my face and willingly got out of bed and that's saying something. 

Humming a few of my favourite songs, I skipped down the stairs after texting Jane I'd be at the beach in about an hour or so and made my way to the kitchen.

"Morning." I chirped as I kissed Alex's cheek and sat on one of the stools next to the kitchen island and starting piling up pancakes in my plate. 

Only after I had a good amount of chocolate syrup over them did I look up.

"What?" I asked Ivan and Alex who were looking at me confused.

"You look like you're in a good mood. What happened? Did you kill someone?" Ivan asked me and I gave him an 'oh really' look.

"Not everyone enjoys killing people, Malev." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Then whats got you all smiley, Elias?" He mocked me and this time I rolled my eyes playfully and shrugged.

"Did you score a hot date or something?"Alex asked me between spoonfuls of his cereal.

"Or something." I replied and Ivan gave Alex a look which Alex responded to with a nod.

"I'm right here here, you know." I said and their hands snapped to me, realizing I had caught on to their 'telepathic moment'.

I swear they're like those teenage girls who whisper about you and pretend you can't hear them.

"Right. Are you, I don't know, dating anyone? Or seeing anyone? Anyone you're interested in?" Alex asked me and I frowned.

"Uhhhh... no. Why?" I asked looking between the two of them.

"So there's absolutely no one who's caught your eye that you'd like to date or something like that?" Ivan asked me and I froze.

Do they know that I kissed Roman?

Shit, act cool Heather.

"Not that I know of, why?" I spoke again after a moment and they both sighed in relief.

"Good.... You're getting married." Alex spoke and averted his gaze quickly.

Oh.... Oh.

"Oh... okay.... wait, WHAT?!" I suddenly shot out of my seat.

"To whom?" I said, quite loudly when Ivan cleared his throat.

"To me." He said and my head whipped to him so fast I thought it would fall off.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck." I whispered and glared at both of them.

"I swear if this is a prank, I don't care whether you're the Russian Mafia King or if you're the hotshot CEO, I will murder you both." I placed my hands on my hips.