Chapter 73: Lilac

"This way

"This way." I lead the woman to my apartment, stopping at my door and bringing out my keys as I unlocked it, pushing the door open.

Just as I entered, both my dogs jumped on me, taking me down with them as I laughed.

"Baden! Pyro! Down, boys!" I say chuckling as I scratch behind their ears while they get off of me and immediately growl at something behind me.

Looking back, I sigh before patting their heads.

"It's okay, she's a friend." I reassure them as they snuggle closer to me before I get up.

"Come on in." I tell her and she smiles briefly before stepping in while I close the door behind her, both dogs on alert at the new person and ready to attack if something went wrong.

"Make yourself at home, I'll just go and quickly change into something comfortable." I tell her and she nods before I throw a warning look to the dogs who whimper and follow me into my room.

Taking a quick shower to remove the touches of those disgusting men off me, I change into a white tee and grey shorts and tie my hair into a pony tail before going back out.

Both my boys are on high alert, watching Lilac, ready to attack any moment when I shake my head with a small smile and sit down on the couch opposite her and immediately Baden and Pyro come and lay down near my feet.

"So... You're Lilac." I repeat when she smiles softly and nods as I watch her carefully before frowning as I remember something.

"This is going to sound a bit rude... But aren't you supposed to be like, dead?" I asked scrunching my face up in confusion when she chuckles lightly and shakes her head, her eyes twinkling.

"That's what everyone thinks, sweetheart. I wasn't the woman who died that night, it was my younger sister." She said with a sad expression as my brows raised.

"Younger sister?" I asked confused when she nodded, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Yes. We both looked more like twins, had the same eyes, the same hair, same everything. But sadly, she gave up her life to save mine all those years ago... to save me and my baby." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I immediately got up from my seat and handed her a tissue box, sitting next to her as she mumbled a small thank you.

"You're... Roman's mother... Right?" I ask cautiously when she nods, a small smile on her face as she looks back at me.

"I am, yes. And you must be the girl he's so madly in love with?" She asks with a sly smile when I sigh heavily, my shoulders slumping.

"We're not-... we're not together. At least not anymore." I mutter when she gives me a sympathetic smile and squeezes my hand lightly.

"How do you know about me?" I asked when she shrugged.

"I have a few sources who were willing to help me out. Some old friends, you could say. They informed me of your arrival in Italy and of your... plans." She said carefully when I nodded.