Chapter 58 : Date Night

After nearly an hour of driving and me vibing to Taylor Swift on the radio, Roman finally stopped at a clearing with a forest nearby that seemed too creepy to be real

After nearly an hour of driving and me vibing to Taylor Swift on the radio, Roman finally stopped at a clearing with a forest nearby that seemed too creepy to be real. It looked like something out of a horror movie.

Yikes.

I looked over at the man beside me and found his eyes already on me, judging my reaction when I gulped and smiled weakly.

"You aren't planning to finally kill me, are you?" I asked him when he rolled his eyes and gave me an unimpressed look as he got out of the car and rounded to my side, opening the door for me before I could protest.

He held out his hand to me, and I stared at it for a few seconds, then his face, and then his hand again.

"I'm sorry on my brothers' behalf. They can be assholes sometimes, but they're just really protective of me, so I don't think you need to go through with this. How about we talk it out? Or hug it out? Whichever you prefer, obviously." I rambled when he glared at me, which made me freeze in place.

"Or not." I mumbled as I hesitantly took his hand and let him lead me closer towards the forest, which was seriously giving me really bad vibes.

"Rome, I know we've had our differences, and you're a psycho, even though I like you very much, emphasis on very, that doesn't mean I'd follow you blindly into a dark and creepy forest, no thank you." I stopped walking, which made him stop in his tracks as well when he turned around to face me with a challenging gaze.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes and tugged at my hand, but I dug my heels into the ground, standing my ground when he huffed.

"Heather, I'm not going to kill you, feed you to the wolves, or leave you stranded here. Do you trust me?" He asked, and I bit my lip.

"At this moment, not really, no." I replied, watching as his gaze hardened, and I gulped, hard.

Whoops. 

"But like my mother said, everyone deserves a second chance." I squeaked out and let him lead me into the dark forest.

Dried leaves crunched beneath our feet as he pushed away bushes and other big plants that kept slapping my face relentlessly.

What did I do to deserve this?

He breezed through effortlessly, as if the forest was bending to his will and granting him access to a clear path and me, not so lucky.

After walking for nearly half an hour, we came to a clearing, and I gasped when I saw what was in front of me as I let my hand slip away from Roman's to look further.

The most stunning pond I had ever seen was directly in front of me. It was about three or four feet below the elevated land we were standing on, and right in front of me, a waterfall fell into the water, making the pond's only sound as it did so.