Chapter 68: Mercy

- H E A T H E R - E L I A S -

* * *

"Mommy!" I yelled, grabbing my mother's attention whose head whipped back to look at me, a big smile spreading across her face and her soft, hazel eyes gleaming with happiness.

"Oh my baby girl, you caught me!" She exclaimed, faking a pout and I giggled, running around her in my new pink dress that she and daddy bought me.

"Caught you, caught you!" I squealed, pulling at her bright red dress that flared at the waist as she twirled around with me.

"Come on baby, dance with me!" She said grabbing my hand and pulled me with her towards the living room, playing the music and got into position with a big smile.

"Ready, sweetheart?" She asked and I nodded, mimicking her actions when the music began.

We both danced to the tune, twirling around the empty space and laughing to our heart's content until we were tired and plopped down onto our white couch, breathing hard.

"Tired?" She asked me but I shook my head.

"I could go again!" I said and heard her soft laughter.

"Of course you can. Keep smiling and laughing like that baby, and dance to your heart's content." She said softly and I giggled.

"I'll be a dancer when I grow up, just like you!"

"Of course you will, but you know what? You'll be even better." She said proudly and I smiled wide before jumping off the couch.

"Can we play hide and seek again mommy? Please?" I pouted at her and heard her chuckle.

"Of course sweetheart, go hide, it's my turn to find you." She said and I jumped up and down excited as she turned around with her hands on her eyes and started counting.

"One... Two... Three..." She started and I squealed, running away from her and upstairs in our cabin.

I hastily looked at the various rooms in the hallway and stopped at Alex's. 

No, Alex would get mad. 

Mommy says he's a moody drama queen.

Looking at mine, I decided it would be easy for mommy and then turned to Anton's room.

Perfect!

I ran inside and scrunched my face up when I saw a shirt covered in blood lying in his laundry basket and two guns left out carelessly on his desk.

He's so messy!

I'll tell daddy, and he'll scold him for being so careless!

Running into his wardrobe, I giggled when his fluffy and big coats tickled me as I settled at the back.