Chapter 1 : College Fair

-  H E A T H E R - E L I A S  -

- H E A T H E R - E L I A S -

* * *

Crap, I'm late.

"Thea you coming?!" My best friend, Jane called from her car as I stumbled around my house with a shoe in one hand, my bag in the other and a waffle in my mouth.

"Coming!" I shouted as my dad came out of the kitchen.

"Thea darling be careful." He said as he walked passed me and opened the front door

"Sorry dad, I'm going to be late and Jane isn't exactly helping the situation right now." I huffed as I tied my shoelaces.

When did this become so hard?

"Alright sweetheart. Alex will be there at..." He glanced at his watch briefly then looked up at me. 

"1 pm. He has a few meetings but he'll be there." He said and I smiled at him.

"Alright then. I'll see tonight. Love you!" I said kissing his cheek and waved at him before closing the door behind me and running towards a very impatient Jane.

"Calm down Jane I'm here." I said buckling my seat belt, making her glare at me.

"Calm down my ass. You were the one who told me to come early." She huffed and started driving.

"I know and I'm sorry, but I overslept. Thank god dad woke me up." I told her and bit into my waffle.

Oh this shit is good.

"Want some?" I asked her but she sighed and shook her head.

"I'm just glad it'll all be over today and we can finally get some much needed rest. Especially you. You look like a literal zombie right now and your bright blue eyes are so dull." She said as we pulled up in our college's parking lot.

Tell me about it.

"I know. I'm just really tired." I said running a hand over my face and getting out of the car.

"Heather! Finally you're here!" Matt, another friend of ours came running up to us. We gave each other a quick hug and walked in after I apologized for oversleeping.

"Don't worry, you can sleep peacefully tonight knowing it's over." Matt said as I arranged the tables in the large lawn of our college.

"Yeah. I honestly can't wait." I sighed as I looked around at all the stalls and then my checklist.

"Well that'll be all, I guess." Jane said coming over to us with a smile.

"Do you have anything for us Thea?" Matt asked me and I looked around once more until my gaze fell to the stage and I pointed at it.

"There. Check if the sound system is all set up and those decorations are a bit crooked." I told Matt who gave me a salute before running off towards the stage and I turned to Jane.