Chapter 37 : Nightmares

He kissed me back almost immediately but before we could take it any further, he pulled away slowly making me frown

"We need to talk." He whispered, looking into my eyes and making me gulp slowly.

Nope.

"A-About what?" I stuttered a bit, knowing full well where this conversation was heading but it didn't hurt to clarify.

"You know what." He said raising an eyebrow and pulled me inside and towards his couch. He sat down and patted his lap. 

I sighed and sat down beside him, watching him scowl slightly as he reached out and quickly pulled me onto his lap, making me yelp in surprise.

Someone's feeling touchy.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I squirmed to get out of his grip, but he only tightened it around me.

"Making you sit, what else? Now start speaking." He said lazily, making me roll my eyes at him.

This guy, seriously.

"Speak. Now." He said a little firmer this time.

There's no way I'm revealing anything to him.

"What do you want to know?" I asked him playing with the buttons of his shirt and not meeting his eyes.

"How long have you been having these nightmares?" He asked me, making me glance at him briefly and wait a few seconds before I spoke.

"Twelve years." I said.

"Since you were seven, correct?" He asked me, and I nodded in return.

"What are they about?" He asked me after a few moments of silence, making me stiffen and suck in a breath.

"Some incidents I'd rather not talk about." I said quietly, but didn't hear his response and waited for his reply. When I didn't get any, I looked up at him only to find him already looking at me.

"Tell me or I'll find out myself." He said to me, taking hold of my hands that were clutching onto his shirt.

"I-..." I took in a deep breath, my heart already hurting from the memories as I tried to form a sentence. In the end, I gave up and shook my head.

"No. I can't say." I said lowly and dipped my head low, staring at the tattoo that was peeking out from his chest.

"Speak." I heard his warning, but still shook my head, refusing to talk. Suddenly, he grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes, making me gasp.

"I said tell me." He hissed, making tears form in my eyes as I shook my head once again, making him growl lightly as he gripped my chin harder.

"I asked something of you, and you will tell me. Now!" He suddenly said, making me flinch as anger coursed through my veins.