Chapter 76 : Fond Memories

- R O M A N - A N G E L O -

They told me she was never mine. That she betrayed me, left me heartbroken and only used me to get what she wanted.

Revenge.

And at one point, I actually believed them. That's how much she had broken me.

The cold look in her eyes, when she hunted down every last man involved in her mother's murder was something I could never forget.

I followed her all around Italy, stalking her like the creep I was and making sure she didn't get hurt.

But my angel has always been so strong, so confident. My heart melted at the sight of her the first time I saw her in Italy, thinking she came back for me.

But then I saw her kill those men and realized she wasn't here for me after all.

Maybe she had used me, I thought.

Enzo and Gabriel were optimistic to a point, always telling me she wasn't using me, and could never do such a thing.

That if she ever knew who my father really was, she never would have looked at me in the first place.

Such luck, I thought. That she didn't know. That I didn't know.

And as I watched her aim at the Italian with his bodyguards from on top of the building and then take a deep breath and shoot, the corners of my lips tugged up into a smirk.

That's my girl.

And when she did come back to me, it was like everything finally made sense.

As if the world started spinning again and the time loop I was stuck in had stopped.

She was mine, and she was back.

Then she gave me another rather shocking surprise. The fact that my supposed dead mother was alive.

Now I know how she felt when she found out her brother wasn't actually dead all that time.

And now I found out that I have a sister. I've always wanted one, I remembered.

I used to ask my mamma when I was younger to get me a little sister so I could play with her, annoy her, protect her, spoil her.

And I still remember the little girl with the blue eyes who used to stick her tongue out at me in mocking when she would run faster than me or win at a game.

I still remember, when I was nine years old, my father had taken my mamma and I to the U.K. He had some work there, so we decided to tag along. That was the summer I met my soulmate.

Heather.

Beautiful brown hair cascaded down her back, big and bright blue eyes stared back at me, tears streaming down her pink cheeks and her pink lips in an adorable pout as she sat by the small pond.

"Why are you crying?" I had asked her to which she shook her head softly and sniffled.

"I lost my mommy." She mumbled and looked into my eyes, freezing me in my place.

What felt like forever was only a few seconds when she whimpered again and that's when I noticed her scraped knee.

"How did you get hurt?" I asked her.

"I fell running." She spoke in a small voice, my heart melting at the sight.

She looked like a small, lost angel.

My angel.

"What's your name?" I asked as I sat down next to her while she wiped at her tears with the back of her hand.