Chapter 78 : The Future

Once everyone had left, I shut the door and locked it, starting to clean up everything.

The dogs were already asleep and Roman was talking to Gabriel on the phone about some problem that came up.

All through the rest of the time, my mind kept wandering to what Roman said when Lily had asked about marriage.

'Soon.'

His words made my head spin, my heart thunder in my ears and stomach to twist in painful ways as I chewed furiously on my lip.

Did I want that with him?

I mean, I loved him. Too much.

I couldn't imagine a life without him, and I did want him in my future. I just hadn't thought about the marriage part of it just yet.

But now that I think about it... I can't help the butterflies in my tummy and the excitement that courses through my veins at the mere thought of being Roman's wife.

And he my husband.

I was nearly done and was wiping down the last of the kitchen counter when two strong arms wrapped around my waist, momentarily surprising me as I jumped a bit and yelped.

"Roman! You scared me." I put a hand on my heart, not a stranger to the anger radiating off of him, the tension between us so strong it could be cut with a knife.

When he didn't answer, I turned around in his arms, smoothing out the crease between his brows with my fingers before placing a small yet sweet kiss on his jaw.

"Is everything alright? What did Gabriel want?" I asked softly and saw him think for a moment, his eyes boring into mine before he spoke.

"Anton and Alex know you're with me." He said, waiting for my reaction as I rolled my bottom lip between my teeth.

"And?" I asked, my voice more careful now.

"They're aren't exactly happy." He said.

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked when he leaned down towards me.

"Nothing. But if they try and take you away from me, I swear to god, angel, they're as good as dead. Si?" His voice was low, threatening even.

"Okay." I whispered and saw his satisfied expression.

"Good. Because no one separates us. Not until I'm around." He said in a promise and I nodded, snuggling my face in his chest.

Neither of us spoke, just basked in each other's warmth, nor addressing the topic of what Lily spoke of either.

At least not until Roman's hand softly came to rest on my lower tummy and he pulled away a bit to look into my eyes.

"Do you want children?" His question caught me off guard and for a moment I thought I imagined it.

Where did that come from?

"Children?" I repeated and he nodded once, his eyes darting between mine.

"I guess so. I mean, I'm still young and want to complete my studies. But yeah, I want a family someday. I want to get married, have kids with the man I love, build a home. I want all of that." I said, a small yet sure smile spreading across my face.

I looked back up at Roman, an unreadable emotion in his eyes as he cupped my face.

"Hopefully my children." He muttered, his lips hovering over mine as he searched my eyes and I smiled softly.

"Definitely yours." I replied and saw his lips tug into a beautiful smile as he kissed the corner of my mouth.

"It's good to start practicing." He suggested when I grinned.