Chapter 38

This time when the yamen came again to announce the good news, Xu Xi was able to deal with it calmly.

It turns out that Lu Bingxing said that he would continue to examine the case leader, but it turned out to be true?

However, the people in Changqing Village fell down in shock.

When Gu Ping'an was about to take the county examination, they thought he was looking for death. After all, he had never vomited blood in the past few years and couldn't hold on, let alone now?

Later, when Gu Ping'an passed the county exam, they were really shocked, but thinking that he didn't have much time left to live, they could barely believe it, right?

In fact, they have made plans in private to go to Gu's house for a banquet. Who knows, who knows...

Not only did Gu Ping'an not just go away, but two months later, he also passed the government examination and became a boy student. After that, if he is very good, won't he be able to become a scholar directly in August?

It's the end of April, and the weather is getting hotter. In the evening, people in the village like to gather in small groups at the threshing floor near the ancestral hall to enjoy the cool air and chat.

"Hey, what do you mean by this peace? Why are you so capable?"

"I was also puzzled. We saw him vomiting so much blood with our own eyes, and he should have known what kind of body he was in. Otherwise, he couldn't have prepared all the memorial tablets directly at that time. Already?"

"So, how did he persevere and do so well in the exam? In August, he will be a scholar. Hey, by the way, no one in our village has been admitted as a scholar for many years, right?"

Others nodded in agreement and repeatedly said yes. The last time a scholar appeared in their village was more than ten years ago.

At this moment, a certain aunt suddenly smiled mysteriously and said, "Hey, I think Ping An may not be able to pass the scholar examination this time?"

"What do you mean? Everyone knows that if a child student can take the first place in the exam, the examiner will give him face when the scholar exam comes, and no one will fail!"

The aunt shook her head first, and then stretched out her hand to make serious gestures, "That's what I thought. Look, Ping An hasn't taken the exam for several years since the old village chief left. This time, he suddenly decided to take the exam desperately. , why do you think it is?"

"Why, why else? I'm not willing to give in. You see, Ping An can take the exam twice in a row, which shows that he is really very knowledgeable. If you have to leave me alone, I will try my best to crawl to the exam room. Otherwise, it would be a pity, and I would not feel at ease even if I died!"

The villagers sitting around all agreed in unison, and indeed they thought so in their hearts.

However, the aunt waved her hand pretending to be wise, "I don't think so. I said, do you still remember what happened when we worshiped our ancestors on the first day of the new year?"

"On the first day of the new year..." A young daughter-in-law frowned and pondered for a long time. Suddenly she slapped her thigh and exclaimed, "You mean, Jiang Jiabao..."

"Yes, otherwise, Ping'an is so angry. When he was wronged, he was so angry that he vomited blood. In front of so many people, Jiang Jiabao directly laughed at him for his poor health and lack of imperial examination qualifications. He said that he would pass the exam soon. , think about how exciting this is..."