Chapter 30

Lu Bingxing walked directly to the middle of the main hall, first offered a stick of incense to his ancestors, then took a few steps back, and stood upright in the eyes of everyone, without saying a word and calmly.

All fools know that at this time, whoever can't hold back his anger and speaks first will lose.

After a long time, the oldest clan elder couldn't bear the cold wind and chill, and said in a hoarse voice, "Ping An, we old guys called you here today, you should be prepared, right?"

Lu Bingxing looked calm, bowed his hands in salute, and said, "I know Ping An, and I am willing to give up my position today."

It was obviously winter, so everyone was wearing thick and bloated clothes, but he was tall and tall. Although his clothes were washed white, they were clean and tidy. He spoke and acted in a measured and appropriate manner, and his temperament was really outstanding.

Everyone was dazzled when they saw his demeanor that was completely different from that of a mud-legged guy from the countryside. He was indeed a scholar!

Look how beautiful and noble this posture is, it makes people feel comfortable just looking at it.

They themselves have read too little and can't think of words to describe it, but they can only use spring breeze and drizzle, winter warm sun and so on.

Ah, what are you thinking about? Today is here to officially let him step down as the village chief. Don't have these thoughts. Whatever looks good, a big man will be knocked down by the wind, and just looking after him is useless.

"Ping An, you have been the village chief for three years, right?" A clan elder broke the silence and coughed.

"It will be exactly three years after the beginning of spring next year." Lu Bingxing nodded.

"I and the other old guys have watched you grow up. Everyone knows what kind of temper you have inside. When you became the village chief, your father died suddenly and there was nothing you could do about it.

In the past few years, you have also seen the situation in the village. Since everyone has made a decision before, you should continue to take care of yourself and live a few more years without getting involved in the mundane affairs of the village. "

"I previously inherited my father's legacy and was willing to be the village chief. I can't do anything else with my body. I can contribute to the village and do great good. Now since the uncles think that Ping An is not his position and Ping An does not dare to force it, I would like to invite you today. My ancestors and elders witnessed it, and I have since resigned from the position of village chief."

What he said was so eloquent that the people in the ancestral hall, including the villagers outside, found it extremely difficult to speak, but they could understand the general meaning clearly.

When he first learned about the letter that day, he was so angry and hasty when he left. After thinking about it for a few days, he completely thought about it. Gu Ping'an was really an extraordinary child.

...

"Ping'an is a good boy. It's great to have a village chief first. He is an only son who is also a scholar. Wouldn't it be great to be the village chief? He can't go to the fields or go out to work. What else can he do if he is not the village chief? Thinking wildly at home won't make your health worse, and there isn't much going on in our village, so isn't it easy to get through it?

You old brothers, you don't know what to do, why do you have to bother here? Anyway, my attitude is the same as before, I absolutely do not agree to give up the throne safely. Am I really afraid that when I get old and live in the future, I will not have the face to see my old friends? "