Chapter 167

Izuku's life has been so utterly mired by chaos for so long that sitting in on the dorm wide study session for the final exams, well, it felt off. No matter how much he forces himself to focus, his mind and eyes are drawn to the door he used to share with Hitoshi. There were no visible seams where it had been repaired but, irrational as it may be, he could still see the exact shape of the hole he tore into the wall in his desperation. The only thing keeping him grounded and not panicking was sitting on the floor in front of his boyfriend. His shins gently poking into his back and his feet next to Izuku's hips reminding he's there.

Everything has been replaced and cleaned but Izuku has yet to step foot inside his own room again. He can't bring himself to even go near the door, the pungent smell of iron choking him. It didn't matter that it wasn't actually there anymore, he still relives the entire ordeal going near there.

The whole timing of the final exams felt like a cruel joke, not only was Hitoshi not with them but nobody had even had time to somewhat heal and process Iida's death. Not having him around berating them for waiting so long to study... The halls of the dorm felt empty and dark, even during the day.

Izuku isn't the only one who was affected by the events of the day they found Hitoshi. Shoji, who was the first to even know something was wrong that day, has asked after Hitoshi multiple times from both Izuku's dad and Mic. He also now knows better than to ask Izuku after the first time had caused him to have a breakdown.

Kaminari constantly avoids looking in Izuku's direction, no doubt believing he was the cause for the whole ordeal. Izuku tried talking to him, to tell him it's not but he always changes the subject and makes an excuse to leave. Kirishima looks just as awkward as his boyfriend when Izuku is near, even if he doesn't blame them.

Even Monoma, putting his distaste for 1 A came to apologize to Izuku for any part he had played. Deep down Izuku actually appreciated the gesture but on the surface level he just grunted at the blonde too afraid of what he would say. He knows Hitoshi said it wasn't Monoma's fault but he also said he'd stop cutting so...

His dad has been back and forth between the facility and school plus also somehow managing to keep up with his hero work, all while making sure he has time to spend with Izuku. He appreciates it but wishes his dad would find time to sleep more too.

Most of the time though it was Mic who had filled the parental role for him and Izuku doesn't mind at all. Mic is beyond nice and even though he knows Mic will be joining their family officially at some point, he can't help but wonder how just long before he gets sick of Izuku's fucked up life. He has no obligation to care as much as he seems to.

Throughout all of it though Katsuki has been amazing as always. Izuku has all but officially moved into his dorm room. About two weeks into their new arrangement Izuku had been able to actually function somewhat normally. That was until without thought, he had called out to Hitoshi to tell him something funny that had happened during lunch, only he wasn't there...

That led to Katsuki holding him while he calmed down which in turn led into them being intimate again. Only there was no lust driving it, sure they've avoided or fixed issues in their relationship with sex before, this was different however. It wasn't to fix something, nothing could fix what had happened.

It was to show and feel how much they loved each other. Izuku's always considered the term making loving to be corny and old timey before. Now though, he understands there's a notable difference between a physical need for sex and the connecting of souls during love making.

Izuku is pulled out of his musings when Sero groans in frustration while trying to memorize math equations. "I'm so going to fail... I hope the physical is at least something that could save me from completely flunking out."

Ashido stretched herself over the coffee table with a groan of her own before voicing something even Izuku had found himself thinking about lately "I do wonder what the physical portion is going to be this year though?"

Izuku felt justified in his curiosity when even Todoroki joined in on the conversation by adding "Rumor has it that it's always robots like the entrance exam."

"I doubt it." Ojiro scoffed, then looked serious. "Not after the USJ..."

Sero groaned anew, resting his chin on Mineta's shoulder "Not helping my mood here guys..."

Mineta smiled at his boyfriend, carding his hand through his hair. "I'm sure you'll be fine babe"

"Aww." Sero cooed kissing his cheek

"Still can't get over the fact that you guys are dating." Ashido chuckled watching them interact.

"Why?" Mineta asked with a frown.

Ashido sat up straight again "Uh because not that long ago we were chasing you around the dorm for stealing our underwear..." she said looking around at the other girls who nodded at her.

Mineta blushed and looked away. "I said I was sorry..."

Izuku was glad his friend had gotten rid of his old coping habits, being himself now. He was more sure than ever that taking the time to reach out to him was worth it.

"Why were you like that anyways?" Yaoyorozu suddenly asked. This made everyone else stop pretending to study and look up.

Mineta was looking nervous and slightly red with everyone looking at him but having Sero near must have helped because he did reply with his own question "Like what?"

"So pervy..." Uraraka blurted out

Sero chuckled and pulled Mineta in close. "Who says he's not pervy anymore?"

"Babe!" Mineta protested growing even redder but didn't make any effort to get away.

"Sero... " Ashido groaned "Some of us are single you know..."

Izuku huffed in amusement, choosing then to possibly save his friend. "You don't have to tell them Mineta-kun but I'm sure they'd understand and if they don't" he said looking around the room with a mischievous grin "fuck em..."

"HEY!" Several of them protested at once only making Izuku smile wider and look directly at Mineta and Sero. "You won anyway and have a pretty awesome boyfriend." Both of them just blushed and smiled at him.

Izuku leaned his head back into his own boyfriend's lap, smiling up at him fondly. "C'mon' Kacchan, the letters and numbers are starting to merge, forming an army ready to melt my brain. Let's go get ice cream or something."

He laughed and gently messed up Izuku's hair. "Haha. Sure thing Izu."