Chapter 145

Ectoplasm had led them to a waiting area where they'd rise through the floor onto their respective podiums. Waiting for them there was his dad and Midnight. Izuku didn't particularly care who saw, the way the class was acting left him a bit hurt. Not to mention that cryptic text from his biological father. He let go of Bakugo's hand and rushed to his dad and nearly jumped into him with a hug, the beginning of tears lining his eyes.

"What's wrong kitten? It didn't look like you minded getting second place earlier"

"Huh-uh" Izuku shook his head. "Just teenage drama"

"Speaking of, you are definitely grounded until forever. That goes for you too, mister!" Aizawa-sensei said, waving a threatening finger at Bakugo.

"Hah? What for?!"

Izuku blushed while chuckling and hid behind his dad. "Technically I'm not allowed to date until I'm at least 30"

Bakugo was about to laugh but saw Izuku was being serious. "Are you serious right now..."

Izuku laughed, "Dad is, but I can always sneak around..."

"OI I am right here you little gremlin!"

Aizawa eyed Bakugo and wrapped him up in his scarf before he could have reacted. He brought the bundled up blonde closer so he dangled near his face, his eyes glowing a dangerous red, his hair aloft. "Hurt Izuku in any way and nobody will find any trace that you ever even existed. Do we understand each other?"

Bakugo was unusually quiet, even if his mouth was currently wrapped. He didn't make a sound and simply nodded with a determined look in his eyes. Aizawa-sensei put him down.

"Good. Now congratulations on winning the sports festival Katsuki. If you don't want the world to call you by your first name forever, decide what you want to replace the old one with."

This is why he's certain his dad is a rare breed of adult. He's probably the only one aside from Izuku to have noticed how Katsuki flinched just a little each time someone used his last name.

Izuku remembers how it felt to be stuck with his old one before dad adopted him. Always getting a jolt of remembrance shoved upon you when someone used it. Izuku hugged his dad anew.

He sighed and hugged back. "Fine... Your sentence is reduced to three days for the stunt you pulled with Endeavor"

Izuku let go "Oh what ended up happening, i felt the control over him fade and then disappear the further away he got."

"Let's just say that we are several steps closer to getting Todoroki under U.A guardianship too."

"That's great!"

That was all his dad had said, switching the subject leaving no chance to inquire about what precisely had happened. Izuku supposed if it was big it would probably be in the news sooner or later.

"Now, despite giving me several heart related problems, Well done on coming in second of the First Year's Sport Festival."

Aizawa-sensei was almost out the door after acknowledging Tsuyu's efforts too when Katsuki spoke up "Ryuu . . ."

It was clear Katsuki had given it a lot of thought. Possibly even long before he thought it would be possible to get away from his parents. Maybe he would have done it the moment he was legally an adult.

Aizawa-sensei nodded in acceptance. "You would pick something fire related, it suits you."

Izuku had gone back to holding his boyfriend's hand and gently squeezed it as they watched his dad go. He turned to Midnight "Can you introduce Kacchan by his proper name Midnight-sensei?"