Chapter 107

Izuku woke to the sound of a blender being used along with what sounded like several pieces of metal cutlery being dropped. It took him a while to realize he wasn't in his own bed, or rather a bed he's used to. If he was to say that he has spent more than two days in his own bed at U.A so far that would be stretching it.

The thing that stood out the most was that it was a circular bed, everything in the room had far too much ruby red. It reminded him of Kirishima which sent him down a rapid speedway of realization and remembrance. The events of the last two days had done quite the number on Izuku's emotional state. 

To go from the internalized homophobic driven near suicide of a friend who had a crush on his boyfriend, to discovering his biological father is the leader of a villain group and was keeping his sister captive. Heck the fact that he even has a sister. . . His dad ending up in hospital over the actions of said villain group. . . While somewhere between all of that he had died, came back and ended the career of of the number one Hero in Japan too? To say Izuku was drained would be quite the understatement.

Much as he wanted to just lay in this oddly decorated room and sink into the bed never to emerge again a constant buzzing on the nightstand refused him this. With much ado to traverse the circular bed to even reach the nightstand he found his phone. Izuku found himself wondering when in the mess of yesterday he had even picked it up.

As he grabbed it to see who was giving his phone such a workout it started to ring. Izuku resisted the urge to audibly groan and throw the phone away as he looked who was calling. Not that it did him any good, it was just a jumble of numbers. He was about to actually ignore it when he remembered it might be the hospital.

"hello" he answered tentatively

The voice of what sounded like an elderly lady responded. "hello is this Izuku Midoriya?"

Already irked to be hearing his birthname he spat out a "Who is this?!"

"This is central hospital we're trying to reach the next of kin for one Aizawa Shota?" she asked.

This was about his father so he had to compose himself, he took a deep breath and replied as calmly as he could while correcting her. "Oh well I'm his son Aizawa Izuku, is something wrong? Is my dad okay?"

"He's recovering well, in fact that's the reason for the call he's able to leave today." 

Hearing this his mood lifted again "Thank you for letting me know good-"

She had cut Izuku off midsentence "Before you hang up sir there is the matter of the bill." 

Izuku was a bit confused. Why was she asked him about this. "the bill?" Asked like he had misheard her.

"Yes and it is quite a hefty one at that, how will you be paying?" Izuku could've sworn he heard how she was smirking sounding increasingly condescending.

"I'm sorry what?" he asked in disbelief how she was treating someone she was expecting to hand over money.

"Payment sir. . ." she said plainly condescension not longer veiled.

Izuku was loosing his composure the longer he was talking to this woman. "Yes I heard you fine I just cant believe this is what you actually called about."

"Sir we here at Central Hospital use cutting edge technology to ensure a speedy and near guaranteed recovery. Technology which your father undoubtedly benefited from, compensation seems more than fair." Snark now joining the condescension in her voice.

It was at this point the door to the room he was in flew open and a panicked Hawks looked around frantically. Apparently his search was for Izuku himself as some of the dread had left his face once he noticed Izuku was still in bed. 

Izuku had never been happier to see an adult even if this adult is considered such because he's barely over the legally recognized independence age. Izuku held out the phone for him to take causing a new frown to form on his face.

"talk to her before I kill someone" 

Hearing this Hawks rushed over. Whether to help Izuku enter a better mood or to do his hero duty and avoid murder Izuku didn't care. 

He took the phone "Hello this is Pro Hero Hawks, how can I assist you today?"

Izuku couldn't hear what she said to Hawks but his face did something he's never seen, he frowned in anger.

"What is you name mam?" he spat at her

He nodded along as she spoke with a few uh-hmm sounds before he spoke again. "Well Agnes, I can assure you that your days of working there are over."

With that he ended the call and threw the phone on the bed clearly still angry. "The nerve of some people. . ."

Izuku looked at Hawks as he rubbed the bridge of his nose no doubt trying to rub out a headache. "So what's going on? Do I need to rob a bank or something now? I don't have a "hefty amount" as she put it. How am I going to get my dad out of Hospital if I cant pay?" he asked him now genuinely concerned about what was going to happen if he couldn't pay.

"What? No don't be silly. I just have to call Nezu and have him wring a few ears and slap a few wrists. All heroes have full health coverage and U.A staff doubly so." He said giving Izuku a warm smile, his old self seemingly returned.

"okay but if that's true why did she try to get me to pay then?"

"No idea little feather, I'm sure Nezu will look into it" he said as he was typing in his own phone. No doubt to Nezu. 

He looked up at Izuku again. "The important thing here is that Eraser is okay and getting out."

Izuku gave a small smile as he pulled his legs to his chest resting his head on top of them and tried maintaining eye contact. "Yeah she just fucked with my head is all."

He gave Izuku a stern look at the swear word but didn't mention it. "That much was obvious, I thought we were having an earthquake." he said chuckling a bit.

Izuku felt a bit guilty for always allowing his emotions to have such a strong effect on how he controls his quirks. He averted his gaze slightly "sorry it's been an intense two days."

Hawks had come over and sat on the bed so Izuku couldn't look away without actually physically turning. "What happened by the way?" he asked of him.

Izuku was more than a little confused. He was sure everyone would know about it by now. "What do you mean?"

"Why is Eraser in Central in the first place?" Genuine curiosity reflecting in his eyes.

"Did Nezu manage to suppress the news?" Izuku asked more of himself than anyone in particular but Hawks answered nonetheless

"What news? I'm worried now Little feather." 

Izuku gave bitter scoff "oh nothing much really. . ."