Chapter 50: Interested in Learning Potions?

"Great!"

Upon hearing this, Malfoy nearly burst into laughter.

"It seems like it's not that the potion was made too well but rather too poorly. Just wait, Professor Snape will surely give him a hard time."

Hermione and Harry felt concerned for Dudley, but due to Snape's intimidation, they had no choice but to leave the classroom.

After everyone left, only Snape and Dudley remained in the classroom.

To be honest, spending time alone with Snape was quite stressful, especially in a room filled with potion ingredients. It was tormenting.

After a brief silence, Snape took the initiative to speak.

"Have you made this before?"

Snape took out the bottle of perfectly crafted Boil Treating Potion.

"No," Dudley shook his head. "This is my first time brewing this potion."

Dudley specified this potion, not that it was his first time making a potion. Snape keenly caught this detail.

"Have you brewed other potions before?"

"Yes." Dudley nodded, honestly answering, "Minor Elixir of Increase, Sluggish Elixir, Enhancing Elixir, Bone Regeneration, White Lily Essence, and Blood-Replenishing Potion."

Listening to Dudley list various potion names like ordering dishes, Snape's expression gradually became complex.

"Show me."

Snape extended a hand toward Dudley.

Without much ado, Dudley slowly retrieved vials of potions from his bag, neatly arranging the finished potions in front of Snape.

"Without your guidance, my skills are quite limited."

Snape casually picked up one vial for a closer look.

"Indeed, very poor, slightly better than goblins in the potato field."

Dudley was momentarily choked by the blunt assessment. Although he had used the Data-Magic Eye before making these potions, he was generally satisfied. Describing his skills as limited was just modesty.

Do you understand modesty?

Unbeknownst to Dudley, while Snape's face displayed disdain, he was secretly astonished. In terms of potion-making skill, Dudley was inferior to Lily and even Snape himself.

However, regarding the variety of potions, Dudley surpassed both him and Lily when they were in their first year.

Snape's benchmark for evaluation was his and Lily's skill level at the end of the first year. Dudley was just starting Hogwarts, and his potion-making was evidently self-taught.

He possessed innate talent for potions or, more precisely, an aptitude for brewing. Much like his mother.

"Just a little inferior to Lily."

Snape, a rare potion master in the wizarding world, could discern Dudley's talents in various aspects. This reminded him of the few times he visited the Evans family, tasted Petunia's cooking, and found it quite good.

In a sense, potion-making was quite similar to cooking.

"Your brewing technique is quite similar to your mother's," Snape suddenly remarked.

"Do you know my mother?" Dudley asked.

Snape's expression became somewhat unnatural. "We had some acquaintance; we were once neighbors."