Chapter 58: Dudley's Two Small Goals

Dudley spent the weekend with Snape, dedicating over eight hours each day to the study of magical potions. From afternoon until evening, Dudley underwent repeated trials of Snape's poisonous teachings. If Snape decided to be cryptic, it could truly drive a person crazy.

After all, it was Dudley's first time making unfamiliar potions, and some mistakes in the details were inevitable.

Brewing, infusing, soaking, ointments, poultices, elixirs, and tonics—magical potions were not just about boiling things in a cauldron; that was just one of the seven methods of potion-making.

During Snape's demonstration, he used six methods to create an uplifting potion, broadening Dudley's horizons.

These were things he had never imagined before.

After all, the first-year textbook only taught the brewing method.

Snape's expectations of Dudley reached an unimaginable level.

He was stricter than other people by at least tenfold.

It was simply absurdly demanding. Snape demonstrated it once and then assigned homework, requiring Dudley to use at least three of the methods to create an uplifting potion.

Afterward, Snape let Dudley start making it on his own following the methods he had taught.

When Dudley presented the ordinary-grade uplifting potion he had made using three methods in front of Snape after completing it, he was dismissed with contempt.

"Is there a giant dancing in your head?"

"Maybe there's no giant dancing in your head. You're the giant."

"What's in your head? Giant snot?"

"..."

It seemed that Snape associated Dudley with giants every time he criticized him.

Dudley always felt that this guy was secretly making fun of his physique.

"If it were me... if it were Lily... I could definitely produce a higher-quality potion."

After entering teaching mode, this was the only thought in Snape's mind.

He completely ignored the fact that they were not on the verge of graduation, and Dudley was just a first-year wizard.

When you think about it, it's understandable. Who would subconsciously treat a 180 cm tall man as an eleven-year-old wizard?

However, under such excessively strict demands, Dudley's spirit of not admitting defeat was ignited.

He completely clashed with the uplifting potion.

Relying on the advantage of his data magic eye, he began frantically raising the proficiency of the uplifting potion. After all, there weren't many other things in the potion classroom, but there were plenty of materials.

How could such a good opportunity be wasted?

So, Dudley completely entered the state of potion-making.

By Sunday night, the table was already full of finished products of the uplifting potion.

From initially using three methods to brew an ordinary-grade potion, to now being able to create a perfect-grade potion using five methods, Dudley experienced a lot in just two days, and only he knew about it.

Just relying on this perfect-grade uplifting potion, the current Dudley could graduate from Hogwarts and even apply directly to St. Mungo's Hospital for a job.

However, this was just enough to barely satisfy Snape.

"Spent a whole two days just to barely pass. I really suspect that a giant sneaked into your head at night. Your talent has tarnished your aunt's reputation. Don't mention that I taught you outside."