Chapter 42: Bullying Dudley Dursley?

"Hey, Dursley, you stupid big guy."

"I told you I would make you regret it."

Before Dudley could even seek out the main culprit, the main culprit jumped out on his own.

Draco Malfoy strolled leisurely out of the crowd, his face adorned with an undisguised triumphant expression, still maintaining that oily and well-calculated emphasis he considered impressive.

In reality, he hadn't uttered those words above; on the train, he hadn't even managed to say anything harsh before awkwardly escaping.

Crabbe and Goyle followed closely behind Malfoy, and many young wizards, from first to third years, formed a circle around them. Not all Slytherins stood by Malfoy, but they certainly wouldn't side with Dudley, only choosing to watch coldly from the sidelines.

Malfoy was very satisfied with this; he had gathered dozens of young wizards by his side, while the opposition had only one person. He loved the feeling of leading a group.

If Dudley were in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff, it might not be as challenging, but of course, it had to be Slytherin.

The location, people, and sheer numerical advantage – he didn't know how he could lose.

"I'm a generous person. If you're willing to be my lackey, get beaten up to vent our frustration, and then join me in teaching that Potter a lesson, I might consider forgiving you," Malfoy said, raising his chin with an arrogant tone.

When Potter was mentioned, several glances that did not belong in the lounge fell on Malfoy, fleetingly. The senior Slytherins did not follow the prefect back to the common room, but it did not mean that they were not in the common room, nor did it mean that they did not pay attention to this matter.

Even with Dumbledore's explanation, many pure-blood wizards still insisted that Harry was fundamentally a dark wizard, the one who defeated the Dark Lord.

This mindset extended to their children, making Slytherins' attitudes toward Harry quite delicate. If Dudley were Harry, not all, but at least over 90% would choose to watch from the sidelines.

Before Harry's role in defeating Voldemort was confirmed, they wouldn't easily take sides.

Since Malfoy was willing to be the frontman, it was perfect.

Malfoy's proposal was essentially nonsense. Being a lackey was an excuse. If Dudley refused, Malfoy could rightfully order someone to beat him up, saying, 'Look, I gave him a chance.' If he agreed, the outcome would be even worse.

This was the best solution Malfoy's small brain could come up with.

Dudley crossed his arms over his chest, his well-built chest muscles giving off a reassuring vibe. "And if I don't?"

Malfoy stared at Dudley, vividly remembering the humiliation of almost wetting his pants during their first encounter. "Then we'll give you a memorable night."

The young wizards exchanged glances, followed by a wave of malicious laughter.

"No, every day. We need someone to practice spells with."

A malicious chuckle echoed in the crowd.

Malfoy frowned slightly at the words but said nothing.

To be honest, he hadn't thought this far. He just wanted to teach Dudley a lesson, regain his lost face, and preferably make Dudley his lackey, so he could embarrass Harry for ignoring him and befriending that Weasley.

Dudley touched his smooth chin, and a strange word popped into his mind as he looked at them.

"Are you planning to bully me in the common room?"